How to remove the title of a plugin?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
baden32
Regular

How to remove the title of a plugin?

Post by baden32 »

In order to get the expected output, I have changed the way the categories / menus are displayed in the Categories plugin.

Now I would like to remove the title of this plugin which is always displayed.

On this screenshot, the line "0" (TO REMOVE) should be remove. This line is the title I gave to the categories plugin, the lines 1 and 2 are in fact the first level of the catégories.

Image.

Question: where do I need to change/remove some ines of code in order to get ride of this title (of course only for this plugin)?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Joel
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

This is likely to be a toughie. IF it can be removed, I'd expect it to be in the index.tpl. BUT, there are other options.

1) Implement the boxes as HTML Nuggets -- probably the easiest method, although there's maintenance involved.

2) Modify the CSS to set the title tag and class to "display: none;", thus effectively deleting it -- be careful not to hide any other plugin titles. On the plus side, this has almost no maintenance (unless you decide to update the template), and Serendipity uses unique classes to identify everything.

3) Activate the templating features of the category plugin, and modify the template to display what you want -- requires Smarty and at least Serendipity v1.1 (I think), and will effect performance with a small hit.

Choose your poison!
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal