Nothing Clear on Feedburner

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
TKS
Regular

Nothing Clear on Feedburner

Post by TKS »

Hi,

Having problems finding a resolution to this...I've been searching via google and the forums here but each solution seems to be different.

I'm looking at redirecting my blog's RSS feed to feedburner (I'm hitting too many subscribers now) and there used to be plugins for this...or it seems there used to be from forum posts on the subject.

I've also peered in rss.php and there is nothing concrete on how to change things.

The problem is that I want this redirection to allow for current subscribers to not notice things...is that possible? If not, an announcement can be made of course.

Why is there no clear explanation on how to use something like this? I figured that there would be options within the admin pages to control RSS feeds or plugins to do so...after searching through spartacus though I find none. Can anyone let me know how to do things on this?
mattsches
Regular

Post by mattsches »

Hi TKS, as far as I know you can just tell the sidebar syndication plugin to user Feedburner (choose option "force"). Make sure that you also choose "yes" for the feed (RSS or Atom) that you entered over at feedburner.com, and things should work just fine. On your blog, only the Feedburner feed will be displayed, but the Feedburner service will still be able to read your "old" feed.

Regards
- Mattsches
TKS
Regular

Post by TKS »

ahh I c.

I can keep it hidden if I don't want to display it and then 'force' it to be feedburner. Much better...

I had that plugin disabled for quite some time now...it's improved much.