where are the docs for download?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
hyderabadi

where are the docs for download?

Post by hyderabadi »

Are Installation Docs, User Documentation, Technical Documentation, etc. available for download somewhere on s9y.org? I would like to know if they are available and how I can download them. Folks like me, who do not have always-on internet connection, will appreciate it if the documentation was available for download and installation.
Little Hamster
Regular

Post by Little Hamster »

How about using the save function of your browser? (File->save page as in firefox). Alternately, just cut and paste the text you are interested in into a webpage composer/html editor. Mozilla's composer works fine for me.
hyderabadi

Post by hyderabadi »

Little Hamster wrote:How about using the save function of your browser? (File->save page as in firefox). Alternately, just cut and paste the text you are interested in into a webpage composer/html editor. Mozilla's composer works fine for me.
Well, I have thought of this as my last resort...

s9y, and its users, could benefit tremendously if docs were available for download either in PDF format or in HTML format. I hope the developers of s9y will have few free cycles to consider making such a download available.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Most of the documentation pages are available to download within the Wiki using your browser; we seldomly use subpages.

I agree though that we should offer a full manual download, but we need to put much more work into the documentation before releasing such a bundle. The documentation up until know is still incomplete and missing many things. We definitely need help to maintain it, all our programmers are busy coding :-D

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/