JazzCafe theme released

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
carl_galloway
Regular

JazzCafe theme released

Post by carl_galloway »

Hi all,

A beta version of JazzCafe, a ported theme by Ahmet Usal, has been released on my site. JazzCafe is originally from Typo, and was created by Piotr Polak.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: JazzCafe theme released

Post by garvinhicking »

Wow, I love that one...will we get permission to add it to Spartacus? :-))

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Ahmet is very keen to do so, but he is still working on tidying it up. We've also contacted Piotr the original designer and he hasn't yet responded. It was released as GPL so my feeling is that we there should be no problem with putting this into spartacus provided the original designer's credit is maintained.
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Really excellent peice of work

We're getting some great themes for serendipity

Dave Cummins
costa
Regular

Post by costa »

congrats carl! damn, you're a small template-factory :). i wish i had more time to spend on serendipity :/...

anyway, another nice looking and good theme for serendipity. in my opinion this is one of the most importand things for every weblog system: themes. all the technology just don't counts for a common user. his/her blog looking nice - that's what matters :). with this theme for sure there will be some more serendipity users counted. again carl, respect!
"everything is under control" - kasparov demo
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

I agree with all that the quality of themes for Serendipity is improving - I'm excited about the designs I know a couple of other designers are working on and can't wait to see the reaction from the community when they get released, but I get ahead of myself.

CosTa, the JazzCafe theme isn't my work, I'm just hosting it for a friend, and I really can't take any of the credit for his work. Ahmet is a talented designer in his own right, but Serendipity was new to him so it was easier to port an existing theme and get to know our conventions than try to work on something from scratch.
costa
Regular

Post by costa »

my apologiez to ahmet then. the made of jazzcaffe is somehow confising: piotr made it, ahmed ported it, you're hosting it... that goes the story? :)

anyway, theme looks good and that's what really matters.
"everything is under control" - kasparov demo
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Me again, Ahmet has finally reached a stage with Jazzcafe where he wants to fully release this theme to the community. Ahmet is also keen for this theme to be included in Spartacus. Download here

Garvin, if you would like to add this, I'm having real rouble with CVS, I think me sessions timeout too quickly or something is wrong with my settings in Windows Explorer, so would you be able to upload Jazzcafe and Pink Lilies?

Costa, it is confusing with me hosting another designers theme, but I'm happy to do so. If any other designers would like me to host their themes, just email me, its easily done.

Carl
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Sure thing, just committed them.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Ianardo
Regular

Post by Ianardo »

I love the JazzCafe theme and would like to use it - however, it only shows five entries at a time and it doesn't seem to have the navigation buttons...

"« previous page (Page 2 of 3, totaling 15 entries) » next page"

Any suggestions as to how I can enable them?

Cheers
Ian
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Ian, I would love to help but I'm not too familiar with the intricacies of the theme. Are you able to post a link to your blog or a screenshot so we can see what where the problem lies?

As for the only showing five entries, have you adjusted the number of entries to display in the configuration screen within the admin suite?

Cheers

Carl
Ianardo
Regular

Post by Ianardo »

Hi Carl
Here's the link: http://keylinelicensing.toondesign.biz/lobby/
You'll see at the bottom of the seven stories (Thanks for that - I forgot about Configuration!) that there is no previous/next link.

You'll see that i've disabled all the trackback/comments stuff as the client has no need for it.
entries.tpl
index.tpl

- but I don't think i've cocked up there though as I believe the version on your site doesn't have the navigation either from what I can see!

I hope you can help.
Cheers
Ian
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Ian, you're right, the original JazzCafe also has that error. I'm going to have to take a good hard look at Ahmet's entries.tpl

Unfortunately I won't be able to fix it straight away (more like 12-24 hours) so if anyone else has a fix for Ian that he can use sooner I would appreciate the help. I'll also email Ahmet to let him know.

Carl
Ianardo
Regular

Post by Ianardo »

Thanks Carl
I did look long and hard before asking.
No rush though, the client won't notice for a while :wink:

Cheers
Ian
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Thanks Ian, I'm a bit snowed under so your patience is really appreciated.

Carl