Multiple bugs probably relating to event plugins

Found a bug? Tell us!!
jerwarren
Regular

Multiple bugs probably relating to event plugins

Post by jerwarren »

After the upgrade from 0.9whatever to 1.0 beta1 a month or so ago, I began noticing some problems with posting entries. I did some searching, but didn't see anyone else having this problem, but I always have problems searching these forums, so it might just be me. Sorry if this has been addressed.

First off, when posting an entry that contains a media file such as a video or mp3, none of the event plugins in the list get executed. It used to give a message saying the file was too large to trackback or whatnot, but would then proceed to execute the event plugins. Now it apparently stops and there are no status messages whatsoever. It just doesn't do anything after that(such as posting to livejournal, pinging google, etc). Curiously, when this happens, the area that normally shows the status messages now contains the front page of my blog.

Secondly, I've found that without a media file included it takes MUCH longer to go through all the event plugins than it used to. It now takes at least a minute, often more to actually post the entry. During the time it is doing its thing, I am unable to load existing entries on the site.

Thirdly, and I can't tell if this is related to an event plugin or what, but whenever I try to add media using the media button, it takes at least 2 minutes for that window to load. During that time, the blog is inaccessable by me, and I'm asssuming everyone else as well.

Thanks for any help you can give me, and I'm sorry that I'm unable to pinpoint the problems more than this.