formatting problem

Creating and modifying plugins.
Ripper^^
Regular

formatting problem

Post by Ripper^^ »

I'm having a formating problem. I'm not sure when it started. As far as I know it only affects static pages. Here is a picture with the problem outlined:
Please advise me on the best way to go about fixing this. Any help would be appreciated.

Ripper^^

p.s. is there any way to make both left and right sidebars stay at the top of the page in the Opera browser, they seem to gravitate toward the center of a long page?

[/img]
wesley
Regular

Post by wesley »

I think that's the navigation links that appeared in the static pages plugin
recently. Yeah, it bugs me as well, and there should be an option to turn
it off. When adding a feature, have an option to turn it off. Yes, I know you
can edit it out in the .tpl file but then there are folks who would like to keep
the default template without getting surprises...
I make s9y plugins, too.
My s9y blog depends on them. :)
Wizard
Regular

Second that

Post by Wizard »

I second the motion to allow the navigation buttons to be on/off.
garvinhicking wrote:Falk is working on that plugin;

you cannot easily downgrade to other plugin versions. Only if no DB changes were made. You can try to just fetch the previous plugin PHP file from the CVS and use that, I think it shouldn't interfere with a different DB Scheme.

As Falk mentioned, you still have the opportunity to create your own staticpage template file so "configure" if you want to see the links or not.

Regards,
Garvin
Apparently Falk is working on this. Any time frame?
Wizard
My WeBlog
Ripper^^
Regular

okay

Post by Ripper^^ »

so this is a feature not a glitch, okay. please tell me how to comment out this "feature", i couldn't figure out exactly where it starts and ends, and i didn't want to comment out the wrong stuff. thanks in advance.
Ripper^^
Regular

Post by Ripper^^ »

never mind i think i figured it out, i just took out the

{if $staticpage_navigation}
<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="100%" class="staticpage_navigation">
<tr>
<td class="staticpage_navigation_left" width="20%"><a href="{$staticpage_navigation.prev.link}" title="prev">{$staticpage_navigation.prev.name|@escape}</a></td>
<td class="staticpage_navigation_center" width="60%" style="text-align: center"><a href="{$staticpage_navigation.top.link}" title="top">{$staticpage_navigation.top.name|@escape}</a></td>
<td class="staticpage_navigation_right" width="20%" style="text-align: right"><a href="{$staticpage_navigation.next.link}" title="next">{$staticpage_navigation.next.name|@escape}</a></td>
</tr>
</table>
{/if}

section. tell me if that was the wrong thing to do please.
wesley
Regular

Post by wesley »

You've got the right section out.

Adding the on/off for the navigation wouldn't be terribly difficult, I expect...
so I hope Falk can add it soon.
I make s9y plugins, too.
My s9y blog depends on them. :)
falk
Regular

Post by falk »

wesley wrote:Adding the on/off for the navigation wouldn't be terribly difficult, I expect... so I hope Falk can add it soon.
I send Garvin a patch (and new feature) 5 minutes ago. But a on/off-Function is not included jet. I do it(?) the next release.