Ideas for a new serendipity plugins!

Creating and modifying plugins.
Post Reply
User avatar
dma147
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:50 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Ideas for a new serendipity plugins!

Post by dma147 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:04 pm

Because my serendipity_event_downloadmanager plugin is finished now (version 0.5, version 0.6 is already waiting for his release date), I now want to ask for ideas for new, useful plugins.

So, if you've an idea for a new plugin, please tell me here in this thread!
Alexander Mieland, dma147
http://blog.linux-stats.org

Operator

Post by Operator » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:33 pm

Okay: What I would love to see is a plugin to use Gallery2 (http://gallery.menalto.com/) with Serendipity. A plugin that functions as this one for Gallery1 and s9y: http://ffaat.pointclark.net/blog/pages/ ... image.html

There is already such a plugin for Wordpress and Gallery2, so it would even be possible to take a look how it can be realized: http://wpg2.ozgreg.com/index.php/Main_Page
The Wordpress plugin has too many fuctions though (shared user management etc.) which are not that important. The most important thing would be to integrate images out of Gallery in a s9y article via a tag.

I would appreciate it if you could take a look at it, THANKS! :D


Mark

waheed
Regular
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:57 pm

Java script embed of Categories on other websites

Post by waheed » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:16 pm

There is one plugin i have been looking for a long time which is the ability to show a Categorie of my blog on someone elses website using Javascript, alot of my members of my site, have their own websites and they would like to show updated news from my blog on their website.

is it possible to do this with Serendipity? using Javascript instead of rss

i have created a thread on here:
http://www.s9y.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2851

I would appreciate it if you could help us out on this
Thanks

User avatar
dma147
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:50 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Post by dma147 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:12 pm

Operator wrote:Okay: What I would love to see is a plugin to use Gallery2 [...]


Just working on this and it doesn't need much time until it is finished.
Thanks for this idea.
Alexander Mieland, dma147
http://blog.linux-stats.org

User avatar
dma147
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:50 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Java script embed of Categories on other websites

Post by dma147 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:13 pm

waheed wrote:There is one plugin i have been looking for a long time which is the ability to show a Categorie of my blog on someone elses website using Javascript, alot of my members of my site, have their own websites and they would like to show updated news from my blog on their website.

is it possible to do this with Serendipity? using Javascript instead of rss
[...]


This will be next... ;)
Thanks for the idea...
Alexander Mieland, dma147
http://blog.linux-stats.org

User avatar
garvinhicking
Core Developer
Posts: 30020
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:45 pm
Location: Cologne, Germany
Contact:

Re: Java script embed of Categories on other websites

Post by garvinhicking » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:40 pm

Not a new plugin feature request, but still a request: Adding CAPTCHA support to the shoutbox and mailentry plugin, just like the contactform plugin already has. :-))

(Hey, this is history - my first personal plugin request :-)

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/

User avatar
dma147
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:50 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Post by dma147 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:30 pm

dma147 wrote:
Operator wrote:Okay: What I would love to see is a plugin to use Gallery2 [...]


Just working on this and it doesn't need much time until it is finished.
Thanks for this idea.


This is just finished and could be found here:
http://blog.linux-stats.org/index.php?serendipity[subpage]=downloadmanager&level=2&thiscat=75

;)
Alexander Mieland, dma147
http://blog.linux-stats.org

User avatar
dma147
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:50 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Java script embed of Categories on other websites

Post by dma147 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:47 pm

garvinhicking wrote:Not a new plugin feature request, but still a request: Adding CAPTCHA support to the shoutbox and mailentry plugin, just like the contactform plugin already has.


I'll try my very best after I've finished the second requested plugin. ;)
Alexander Mieland, dma147
http://blog.linux-stats.org

Operator

Post by Operator » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:25 am

dma147 wrote:
dma147 wrote:
Operator wrote:Okay: What I would love to see is a plugin to use Gallery2 [...]


Just working on this and it doesn't need much time until it is finished.
Thanks for this idea.


This is just finished and could be found here:
http://blog.linux-stats.org/index.php?serendipity[subpage]=downloadmanager&level=2&thiscat=75

;)


:shock: :shock: Wow, that was mega fast :D
Thank you so much! It works great!
Only 1 thing, the thumbnails don't work. I checked the path and there are no thumbs in the /tmp directory. What did I do wrong?


Thanks again!



Mark

oxygenws
Regular
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:20 am
Location: Iran
Contact:

Post by oxygenws » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:55 am

i thought about a "full backup" solution.....
if you agree, inform me to explain more about my plans :)
My Blog, powered by s9y is http://oxygenws.com/blog/

User avatar
dma147
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:50 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Post by dma147 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:25 am

Operator wrote:[...]Thank you so much! It works great!
Only 1 thing, the thumbnails don't work. I checked the path and there are no thumbs in the /tmp directory. What did I do wrong?


Hmm... curious, because the thumbnail generation is exactly the same thing as the sized-image generation...
I'll look at this, when I've finished this second requested plugin, which will be finished today...

;)
Alexander Mieland, dma147
http://blog.linux-stats.org

User avatar
dma147
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:50 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Post by dma147 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:26 am

oxygenws wrote:i thought about a "full backup" solution.....
if you agree, inform me to explain more about my plans :)


Very good idea! This will come next... ;)
Alexander Mieland, dma147
http://blog.linux-stats.org

oxygenws
Regular
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:20 am
Location: Iran
Contact:

Post by oxygenws » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:52 am

:) thanks....

i thought about a "full backup" plugin which backup ALL configurations and ALL uploaded files and ...

i wanted to develop it, but i cannot find any free time, uh.

i planed to develop a system with the following fetures:
1- user can select daily, weekly, monthly priods OR after sending a new post.
2- user can select "only local backup" or "local backup and email backup" or "only email backup". the first one only save tar.gz files locally, the second one save locally and send the file to a desired email address and the third one is..... :P
3- user can select backup email address.
4- user can select the backup directory (chmod 750 or 700 is the best mode for that directory i think) (we must create that directory?!!)
5- user can select subject of the email (too important for categorizing :D)

the problem is here... how system found the date differences to find the period!!!
i suggest.....
- system check date, after inserting a new post and before viewing weblog (by any foreign user/viewer)

if you need/want, i can help you to develop...

any suggestions?

regards, omid
My Blog, powered by s9y is http://oxygenws.com/blog/

User avatar
dma147
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:50 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Java script embed of Categories on other websites

Post by dma147 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:00 pm

dma147 wrote:
waheed wrote:There is one plugin i have been looking for a long time which is the ability to show a Categorie of my blog on someone elses website using Javascript, alot of my members of my site, have their own websites and they would like to show updated news from my blog on their website.

is it possible to do this with Serendipity? using Javascript instead of rss
[...]


This will be next... ;)
Thanks for the idea...


This is now finished too!
It can be found here:
http://blog.linux-stats.org/index.php?serendipity[subpage]=downloadmanager&level=2&thiscat=76

... or within the next 24 hours through spartacus. ;)

Have fun!
Last edited by dma147 on Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander Mieland, dma147
http://blog.linux-stats.org

User avatar
dma147
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:50 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Post by dma147 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:04 pm

oxygenws wrote::) thanks....

i thought about a "full backup" plugin which backup ALL configurations and ALL uploaded files and ...

i wanted to develop it, but i cannot find any free time, uh.

i planed to develop a system with the following fetures:
1- user can select daily, weekly, monthly priods OR after sending a new post.
2- user can select "only local backup" or "local backup and email backup" or "only email backup". the first one only save tar.gz files locally, the second one save locally and send the file to a desired email address and the third one is..... :P
3- user can select backup email address.
4- user can select the backup directory (chmod 750 or 700 is the best mode for that directory i think) (we must create that directory?!!)
5- user can select subject of the email (too important for categorizing :D)

the problem is here... how system found the date differences to find the period!!!
i suggest.....
- system check date, after inserting a new post and before viewing weblog (by any foreign user/viewer)

if you need/want, i can help you to develop...

any suggestions?

regards, omid


I've already coded such a backup-system with automated backups in specific intervals, for example for my APBoard and my APPortal, which can be found here: www.php-programs.de

There is no problem whith this interval checking... :)
I'll start with this plugin.... well, tomorrow I think... *g*
Today I've to much other things to do...
Alexander Mieland, dma147
http://blog.linux-stats.org

Post Reply