Comment Moderation Queue RSS Feed?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
oddasea

Comment Moderation Queue RSS Feed?

Post by oddasea »

Is there an RSS feed for the comment moderation queue, or any other remote notification for pending comments?

I've poked around the best I can to find out how I can get notified of comments pending moderation, but so far I can only find them by logging into the admin panel and clicking on "comments". There has to be a better way, can any of you kind souls please point this blind bat in the right direction?

Thank you SO much.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Comment Moderation Queue RSS Feed?

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

By default, you should get notified by email, if you have entered your mail address in your author account's preferences and your webserver is capable of sending mails...?

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
oddasea

Post by oddasea »

Ah... didn't realize I should have been looking out for those. Off to troubleshoot the PHP email... thanks!

On a side note, it would be pretty awesome if there were an RSS feed instead of emails... with a simple link to click to approve or disapprove of each.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

On a side note, it would be pretty awesome if there were an RSS feed instead of emails... with a simple link to click to approve or disapprove of each.
That's a nice idea. But how to secure that link? Guess it shouldn't be visible for everyone, or should it?
oddasea

Post by oddasea »

Its simple to require authentication for RSS feeds. Many "paid" feeds do exactly that. HTTP-auth can be used, and S9Y has abilities to support that.