Template Selection

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Rodnox
Regular

Template Selection

Post by Rodnox »

Hi there,

I was just browsing trough the "Manage Style" Menu. I was looking for a fresh design.

But as it shows, there aren't really any new templates. Most of the available ones are two, some even up to 6, years old.

Is there no new stuff coming tru? or does my spartacus plugin not work?
yellowled
Regular

Re: Template Selection

Post by yellowled »

Rodnox wrote:Is there no new stuff coming tru? or does my spartacus plugin not work?
I assume your spartacus plugin works just fine. But you should remember that Spartacus is not the only place to release new templates. Some people offer them for download on their websites or blogs. Also, we like to keep Spartacus tidy, so not just anyone is able to upload their stuff to spartacus.

That said, it's also true that there's been kind of a lull in template developement lately. We have lost some active template developers. As for the ones remaining, I can only speak for myself. I have to share time between paid jobs and community work, so unfortunately there hasn't been much time to do free templates recently.

YL
Rodnox
Regular

Post by Rodnox »

Thats alright.

Was just confirming, that I hadn't missed something.

Could you give me some links to nice templates on weblogs or pages?
Rodnox
Regular

Post by Rodnox »

Oh and ... to all Template makers out there ...

If anybody has the time, skill and mood. I'd appreciate a template, that is more an event plugin.

A customise plugin, that allows to change any kind of options for a individual template. Something like a backend template-cms.

Would be nice.

Thanks.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Rodnox wrote:Could you give me some links to nice templates on weblogs or pages?
http://tinyurl.com/6zhxwtq :wink:

YL
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Rodnox wrote:A customise plugin, that allows to change any kind of options for a individual template.
You probably haven't looked at the Bulletproof template, have you?

YL
Rodnox
Regular

Post by Rodnox »

yellowled wrote:
Rodnox wrote:Could you give me some links to nice templates on weblogs or pages?
http://tinyurl.com/6zhxwtq :wink:

YL
Spare yourself that little arrogance, doesn't suit you. Obviously I've done that already. I was wondering if somebody has a hidden gem for me. Recommendations is what I'm looking for.

And no, I didn't try out the bullet proof template. Didn't look suitable. But now that I know, that I can modify it widely, I'll give it a go. Thanks.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Rodnox wrote:Recommendations is what I'm looking for.
Templates are very hard to recommend as long a you're not looking for specific features. Apart from that, it's mostly based on personal taste. If what you're looking for is ways to easily customize it in the backend, you definitely want BP or maybe the Kinetic template by Don Chambers.

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Something else to keep in mind is that if you find an HTML template that you like, even on a non-serendipity site, they can often be surprisingly simple to port into a serendipity template.
=Don=