Can't Install New Event Plugins After Error

Creating and modifying plugins.
cody
Regular

Can't Install New Event Plugins After Error

Post by cody »

I was trying to install the Markup Mobile Output plugin and received an error. The plugin does not show as installed in the Configure Plugins of the admin panel, but it does appear in the plugins directory. Here is what I get everytime I click "Click here to install a new event plugin." The directory names have been changed:

Event Plugins

Trying to open URL package_event_en.xml...
Fetched 259989 bytes from already existing file on your server. Saving file as /me/me/U/u/u/Me/html/blog/templates_c/package_event_en.xml...

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /me/me/U/u/u/Me/html/blog/plugins/serendipity_event_mobile_output/mobile.class.php on line 7

Anyone now how a guy like me with very limited php skils can fix this? Can I manually delete the plugin with my ftp program and try again? I'm scared to try anything.

Cody
azel
Regular

Post by azel »

Yes, you can access your FTP and delete the plugin in your plugin folder. Then you can go back to the admin screen and remove it from your plugin configuration.
cody
Regular

Post by cody »

Worked like a charm!

Thanks,

Cody
Pelle Boese

Post by Pelle Boese »

You need at least php 5.0.0 for the plugin to work (as it says in the requirements). With PHP 4 it won't work and you'll get the error message from above.
--
S9Y Mobile Plugin
http://c.seo-mobile.de/