How to locate a hidden page?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
theflow1
Regular

How to locate a hidden page?

Post by theflow1 »

Hello!

I am in the middle of moving my site, and need a little assistance.

I have a page in my site that is my newsletter sign up page: http://www.flowwithlife.com/serendipity ... ignup.html

When my developer did this, he set that page as hidden - in other words, it does not show in my category or entry view in the administration suite.

My question is this: how do I gain access to that page to edit it as a normal entry? The current newsletter sign up plug in is going to have to go away, and a new one will need to be installed, due to the requirements of my new server and mailing list provider.

I truly appreciate any help that you can give on this! I am just not sure how to do this, and as my newslist is super-important to me, I need to do it as seamlessly as possible.

Thanks so very much!

:) Tara[/url]
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: How to locate a hidden page?

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

I wouldn't know how he did that. You will need to ask your developer about that. Serendipity has no concept of such hidden pages, he must have completely developed that on his own.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi

it looks to me like this is just a static page. In your admin/entries you should have a 'static pages' link. If you click that you should be able to select the 'Signup' page and then edit it.

HTH

Dave
theflow1
Regular

Thanks for the help -

Post by theflow1 »

Hi Dave and Garvin -

I appreciate you both offering help. I would LOVE to ask my developer how he did this, but he has gone AWOL, so I am on my own.

Do you guys happen to know anyone who could take a look at my set up, help me with this issue, and help me to move my site? I am willing to pay a developer to do so - I am an author in the publicity phase of my book, and really don't want to mess this up.

Thanks so much!

:O) Tara
theflow1
Regular

No Static pages...

Post by theflow1 »

Hi again -

Okay, so I went and looked at my admin suite, and there are no static pages showing as an option.

I think this may well be because this was built on the 0.8.2 installation of Serendiptiy, and has never been upgraded to the more recent ones.

I am worried that if I try to upgrade to the more recent ones, my site will be all messed up, as I am not a developer, and haven't a clue what my developer did here.

Any thoughts on how to solve this or what I should do?

Thanks so much - hope you are all having a beautiful day!

:D Tara
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Sent you an email Tara. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this! 8)
=Don=
theflow1
Regular

Thanks, Don - could you resend?

Post by theflow1 »

Hi Don!

Thank you sooooo much for sending me an e-mail, but I think it might have gotten caught in my spam filter. Would you mind resending it?

I am truly so grateful to you for offering to help!!!

Hope all is well -

Tara :D
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

email re-sent together with a private message.
=Don=