Hemingway Template

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
D4nt3
Regular

Hemingway Template

Post by D4nt3 »

Good morning,

did anyone portet the hemingway template to the bulletproof template system?!?

I want to make a photoblog with this template like http://galerie.blogtxt.de/

Greetz D4nt3

PS: Sorry for my bad english :oops:
Blog .:.|.:. PhotoBlog
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi

Carl Galloway has done an excellent port of 'hemingway 'which you can find here

You could have a go yourself at configuring 'bulletproof' to look like it :-)

Dave
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Hemingway and bulletproof are not compatible in any way, the Hemingway template is a ported template so it still has all the CSS from the original WP template. I'd love to keep working on Hemingway but every time I ask for idea from s9y users about what they want to see included I get no response.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

carl_galloway wrote:Hemingway and bulletproof are not compatible in any way, the Hemingway template is a ported template so it still has all the CSS from the original WP template.
Let's just put it this way: Hemingway doesn't even need to be "ported to Bulletproof" since it doesn't create a lot of the usual cross-browser, cross-platform CSS issues standard blog layouts have because of it's unique layout structure. If you will, Hemingway is bulletproof the way it is :)

On the other hand, Hemingway's special layout structure also means that a lot of the theme options BP offers might not make any sense in Hemingway. I haven't looked at Hemingway in a very long time, so it's kind of hard to determine which theme options might actually make sense there.

Just my 2 cents :)

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I have looked at Hemingway recently.... it already has its own template options, and is a very unique template.... definitely NOT worth redoing ala bulletproof.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :lol:
=Don=