bulletproof as category template

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
JWalker
Regular

bulletproof as category template

Post by JWalker »

Hi,

I have bulletrpoof theme as blog theme and decided to use it as individual theme for one of the categories (just to change the header image). I followed the procedure at http://s9y-bulletproof.com. Well, I could open the theme options form from the category options form but the color scheme list was empty. As a result the purple theme was always selected.

The color scheme list is not empty, when I open this form to configure bulletproof as overall blog theme. All other options seem to be OK... Is this intended behavior or there is a bug or there is something wrong with my installation?
Ivan Cenov
OKTO-7 Co., Botevgrad
Bulgaria
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

The post Dave made on s9y-bulletproof.com was a copy and paste of a post from Garvin on this forum. He speculated that such a thing could be done, but I do not think he tried it.

Nor have I tried it.

If you are seeing "purple" as the only choice - that is because it is showing you the default value for that field.... not necessarily because it is the only colorset available. I get the feeling it is not looking in the right place for the stylesheets. Does it work when you select purple?
=Don=
JWalker
Regular

Post by JWalker »

Hi,

I use blue color schema for overall bulletproof theme, not the purple one. In the bulletproof configuration form for the particular category, the color schema list is empty, not with а single choice. It is with zero choices. As a hint, I say that the five links are empty, while I have put several links in the overall bulletproof configuration.

Well, if this functionality should exist, I think that when selecting bulletproof for a category, the overall bulletproof settings should be copied, not some initial settings..... :idea:
Ivan Cenov
OKTO-7 Co., Botevgrad
Bulgaria
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Can you post a link to your blog and any particular category where you have tried to make the settings in bp different than the main site?
=Don=
JWalker
Regular

Post by JWalker »

That's the problem - my blog in behind firewall (I use it in my company)....
I'll install a test blog and will try again.
Ivan Cenov
OKTO-7 Co., Botevgrad
Bulgaria
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

No need... I verified your problem on my own sandbox. Unlike all other template options, the colorset selection list is populated by listing all files in the bulletproof folder with names that end in "_style.css".... only the portion that preceeds that is shown as an available colorset, which means the stylesheet for "blue" is actually named blue_style.css. Since nothing is showing up, I suspect it is not looking in the correct folder for those files. We do identify purple as the default, and that colorset does seem to load.

Although I do not see this text on screen, when I view source, I see the following within the <select> (dropdown for colorset choice):

Code: Select all

<select class="direction_ltr" name="serendipity[template][colorset]"  >
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>F:\server\xampp\htdocs\serendipity\include\functions_plugins_admin.inc.php</b> on line <b>450</b><br />
                    </select>
Pure speculation here, but that function and/or config.inc.php needs to be looked at... probably by Garvin, since he is the one who created this functionality to begin with.

Garvin???? Can you lend a hand here?

Also - I have a suggestion for the plugin itself... Truncate the template names in the dropdown of available templates. A really long filename can/will/does break the admin theme as everything in that column becomes as wide as the longest template name.
=Don=
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi
Don's correct, I didn't try Garvins suggestion - although I should have before I posted it on the s9y-bulletproof.com document site :-( sorry

Like Don, I tried this myself a few minutes ago on my development site to see what was happening and got the same result.

Let's see what Garvin has to say

Dave
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Please try out version 0.23 of the categorytemplates plugin.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I didn't try the header replacement, but the stylesheets are certainly available to choose from now. Thanks for the fix Garvin!
=Don=
JWalker
Regular

Post by JWalker »

Header replacement works too.
Ivan Cenov
OKTO-7 Co., Botevgrad
Bulgaria
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

BTW Garvin - Open any info.txt file, change the name to something REALLY long and you will see why I am making this suggestion.
=Don=
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Yeah, long template names are evil :)

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/