Problem with using WYSIWYG editor in 8.2.

Having trouble installing serendipity?
cyberhound

Problem with using WYSIWYG editor in 8.2.

Post by cyberhound »

Hi,
I've installed s-8.2. Everything works fine but I can't start WYSIWYG editor. Yes, I've switched it on in configuration... but when I click on "new entries" I can enter only html code. Anyone has any idea why it doesn't work?
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

Hey...

What kind of browser are you using? Do you have it turned on in your personal configuration as well as the global config? Also, make sure you have javascript turned on!

Brett
cyberhound

Post by cyberhound »

kidgoo wrote:Hey...

What kind of browser are you using? Do you have it turned on in your personal configuration as well as the global config? Also, make sure you have javascript turned on!

Brett
I've tried it with IE5+ and also with Firefox. It seems that somethings is wrong with my installation, because in serendepity-7.1 everthing is working fine.
Col. Kurtz
Regular

Post by Col. Kurtz »

I have the same problem. Using 8.1. I dont have any problems with WYSIWYG, but after upgrading to 8.2. it doesnt work anymore.

Edit: And Ive tried both IE and Firefox
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

The WYSIWYG editor syntax hasn't changed in 0.8.2, so it shouldn't be related to that. Can you check if your htmlarea/ directory exists and has all the files in place?

Also check your javascript console output in Firefox and see if you get JS errors.

Also check your HTML sourcecode of an "edit entry" page and search for "spawn" and see if a JS function is inside there; only then your WYSIWYG option is properly turned on...

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Col. Kurtz
Regular

Post by Col. Kurtz »

Ok Ive checked the HTML Area directory and it looks like I had wrong permissions on it. After setting to 777 it works now.