Upgrade Help!

Having trouble installing serendipity?
bmsatter

Upgrade Help!

Post by bmsatter »

Greetings! I upgraded Serendipity to the latest version (1.5.3) and all seems to be working just fine except that I cannot edit an entry nor create a new one. If I click "New Entry" I just get the blank admin screen. I can click "Edit Entries" and see all my posts but if I try to edit an entry I just get the blank admin page. I've tried replacing the original files and running the installer again but that didn't seem to work. Everything else seems to be working just fine. Any ideas?
yellowled
Regular

Re: Upgrade Help!

Post by yellowled »

bmsatter wrote:If I click "New Entry" I just get the blank admin screen. I can click "Edit Entries" and see all my posts but if I try to edit an entry I just get the blank admin page.
First of all: Is this a "standard" installation or are you using any "special" hosting (GoDaddy or rv sitebuilder come to mind)?

Are you sure the update was completed? Does your login screen show the new version number? Which PHP version is your host running? Can you describe more accurately/in detail how you performed the upgrade?

YL
bmsatter

Re: Upgrade Help!

Post by bmsatter »

I figured it out. I'm not sure how but the templates folder didn't completely copy over. I copied it over again and it worked fine. Once again another 3 hour problem just need a 3 minute fix. Thanks for your swift help!

BMS