HTML embed and object tags in a new post

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
apson

HTML embed and object tags in a new post

Post by apson »

I'm a bit confused - is there a way one can add html to a new post? When I post html Serendipity adds the BR tag between my lines of html, etc. I need this to be able to post embedded quicktimes because I'm using serendipity for portfolio type blog. I'm nesting embed in object like so:

Code: Select all

<OBJECT classid='clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B' width="320"
	height="255" codebase='http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab' style="margin:0px;">
	<param name='src' value="/media/JZack_Reel.mov">
	<param name='autoplay' value="true">
	<param name='controller' value="true">
	<param name='loop' value="false">
	<EMBED src="/media/JZack_Reel.mov" style="margin:0px;" width="320" height="255" autoplay="true" 
	controller="true" loop="false" pluginspage='http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/'>

</EMBED>
</OBJECT>
Much of this gets garbled in the blog output. Is there a tag (or bb type code, etc) that would tell Serendipity to simply leave alone all text within?

Thanks!
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: HTML embed and object tags in a new post

Post by Don Chambers »

You are using the NL2BR plugin. You can configure the plugin to NOT markup the entry body and extended body for ALL entries, or you can disable it only for those entries you wish. If the latter, just edit your entry, then look for "Disable Markup plugins for this entry:" and select Markup: NL2BR.
=Don=
jacksmith

Post by jacksmith »

I think the mentioned configuration will definitely solve the problem because I had such problem in past due to some NL2BR plugin problem.
rekk1986
Regular

Post by rekk1986 »

Additional question: Why i used this EMBED tag in the firefox it can play music normally but in the IE It can not?? I tried many type of embed tag but it's standstill. Please give me some advices about this issues. Thanks
Serendipity offers a flexible, expandable and easy-to-use framework with the advetrising for professional marketing.
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

rekk1986 wrote:Additional question: Why i used this EMBED tag in the firefox it can play music normally but in the IE It can not?? I tried many type of embed tag but it's standstill. Please give me some advices about this issues. Thanks
Can you share a URL that shows this?
=Don=