Posting entries with a Windows Mobile phone

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
mrblah
Regular

Posting entries with a Windows Mobile phone

Post by mrblah »

I have a Windows Mobile phone and tried doing a test post with it and it gave me an iframe error and didn't save the entry. Do I need to do what is going on in this discussion: http://board.s9y.org/viewtopic.php?t=8587 or is there another way? All I want to do is post small text entries and possibly not putting them off to the sidebar.

Hurstel
mrblah
Regular

Post by mrblah »

Well it looks like I'll just go with the emailing a post solution. It's simple enough.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

I recently got myself a windows mobile phone, so chances are I'll be trying it quite soon to make s9y support it :)

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
lordcoffee
Regular

Post by lordcoffee »

Hi! I'm reactivating this thread because I'm also a windows mobile user (htc diamond) and searching for an easy way to post entries without using my opera mobile browser. I've found some solutions for wordpress and others but nothing works with s9y.

Edit: I've found PocketSharp MT. This is works for movabletype and AFAIK wordpress but I couldn't get it to work because I don't know wich settings to be done. Maybe some else has an idea?
Edit#2: Sorry once more ;-) The source code has also been added to www.codeplex.com on http://www.codeplex.com/sharpmt

Here are some thoughts what I would need for something like that:

1. Choosing profiles to support multiple Blogs.
2. Recognizes customfields-plugin to edit them inside the tool
3. Predefine date when entry should be published (now or later)
4. Should the entry be draft or published
5. Image/file upload from phone to mediadatabase?
(6. maybe recognizes all other entry-related plugins like tags, ...)

Any programmers here? :-)
I hope I can also get some of the programmers of xda-developers into that.
I'll post results here if there are any.

Greetings, Lordcoffee
lordcoffee
Regular

Post by lordcoffee »

I've found one more app wich could be interesting for that:

Diarist2

But same here, don't know what to do for the settings. I tried using Generic MetaWeblog and used the http://www.mydomain.de/blog/serendipity_xmlrpc.php but it doesn't seem to work. I think I really don't know what to do here ;-)

Greetings, lordcoffee
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

The Serendipity XML-RPC plugin supports MetaWeblog, MovableType, and Blogger APIs. I believe the URL you've specified above is the correct one.

In short, it should work with the settings you've got. If it doesn't, try the other APIs. Enable logging in your application to see what Serendipity's sending back, and why it isn't working. (It would certainly help if we could figure out exactly what's going wrong.)
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
lordcoffee
Regular

Post by lordcoffee »

Hi judebert!

I treid the settings in Diarist2 and pocketsharp MT and there are several Probs:

pocketsharp MT shuts down when trying to connect to the settings I made with an errormessage wich I can't copy from windows mobile.

Diarist2 sais after a long time that there's a failure connecting to my site. Diarist2 has the option to "find the API but when I use this it also crashes :-(

Do you have the possibility to use a windows mobile phone?
If not not here's a windows mobile emulator for PC. Maybe you have the time to test it?
EDIT: You also would need a windows mobile professional image to test it ;-) Here it is!

Greetings, lordcoffee
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

I downloaded them, but they require Windows, which I don't have here.

I'll try it again when I'm at a Windows machine, but that'll be at least 6PM EST. I may not get to try it until tomorrow.
Judebert
---
lordcoffee
Regular

Post by lordcoffee »

I'm testing here and found out that you only need the second link "this one" and after installing you choose the standalone images from startmenu/all programs/Windows Mobile 6 SDK/Standalone Images/(language)/(imagetype) (*.*)=whatever image you've choosen.

I used windows mobile 6 Professional because this one is installled in my HTC-Diamond (VGA).

Thanks in advance!
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

I installed the USA version of the Standard emulator. I got it working, but it wouldn't run Diarist2.

I'll try again with the professional version, but that's all I could accomplish last night.
Judebert
---