Problem With Themes

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Mom2Ian

Problem With Themes

Post by Mom2Ian »

Just installed Serendipity today. However, I have no idea how to view my selected theme. No matter which one I select, it doesn't show up on the webpage. I assumed I could just click on a them under Manage Styles. But I guess it isn't that simple.

What am I doing wrong? :?
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

you may find your problem is related to GoDaddy and the way they install Serendipity. Another user had a similar problem back in May and the problem was solved by following the directions in the bottom half of this thread,

http://board.s9y.org/viewtopic.php?t=96 ... t=template

Hope that helps you

Carl
Mom2Ian

Post by Mom2Ian »

Thanks. But that didn't help. Any more suggestions? My url is www.totalhealthtogo.com
azel
Regular

Post by azel »

What's happening when you click on Manage Styles? Do you get a blank screen or anything at all?
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

You appear to be running go-daddy's free hosting. Trust me - their paid hosting is not that expensive, and is MUCH better. Next, do not install serendipity that they offer - install it on your own.

Your template appears to be /templates/ceejay01/ - I can get it to load using FireFox web developer. I also get the following error in firebug:
The stylesheet http://www.totalhealthtogo.com/index.ph ... dipity.css was not loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".

Server setting? .htaccess issue? Google is your friend.... might find a solution there.
=Don=
Mom2Ian

Post by Mom2Ian »

azel wrote:What's happening when you click on Manage Styles? Do you get a blank screen or anything at all?
I get a long list of themes. No errors or anything. However when I select a theme it never appears on my site.
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

You seem to have switched to wordpress. Let us know if you switch back to serendipity so we can help you resolve the problem. Your original problem was *NOT* serendipity, and serendipity blows the doors off wordpress!! :)
=Don=