serendipity usability activities

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
el

serendipity usability activities

Post by el »

Hi everybody,

my name is Ellen from OpenUsability.org, a platform to bring together usability and FLOSS projects. A while ago, Garvin registered Serendipity there, and we searched for a student of usability or ui design to work on Serendipity (see http://www.openusability.org/season/060 ... rendipity)

We found a good student, Prabhath from Sri Lanka, and a week ago Garvin, Prabhath and me had our first IRC meeting to discuss our collaboration. Our goal is to improve the usability of the blog editor and multimedia managment. But first we need to do some user research.. :)

So our first step is a user survey which we are currently setting up and announce soon in this forum. Only then, we'll start to make design mockups which again, we'll present here for feedback by the community.

Looking forward to your comments in the user survey (.. once it is announced ;-) )
/el
stm999999999
Regular

Post by stm999999999 »

hey, sounds great! :-)
Ciao, Stephan
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Excellent, can't wait for the survey, I'll be sure to add my 2 cents
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Wow! I'm impressed to find there are even organizations like this. Thanks for the help!
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
mattsches
Regular

Post by mattsches »

Wanna see the S9Y usability mentor Ellen talk about Linux/KDE usability? There is a video webcast on the Open Source Yearbook that was recorded on the CeBIT in Hannover, Germany. The talk was initiated by heise and is in German, and there are also people from Novell and Red Hat (wearing a red hat :wink: ) on the stage. Quite interesting.

- Mattsches
snafu
Regular

Re: serendipity usability activities

Post by snafu »

Hi,

just posted this text searching for people interested in improving s9y usability.

Nice to hear that You already working on this issue.

I would be happy to help improving the backend (which is quite good already!)