themes.s9y.org database available???

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Don Chambers
Regular

themes.s9y.org database available???

Post by Don Chambers »

I'm trying to do a bit of theme testing and it dawned on me how nice it would be to have the contents of the database Carl put together, or something comparable that contains all the kind of info that will really put a theme to the test.

One potential problem - I am not currently running 1.1, but will be soon. Not sure if that version changed the tables or not...

Anyway, could that database be exported and stuck on a server somewhere for download?
=Don=
TKS
Regular

Post by TKS »

Seems it is back up..
http://themes.s9y.org/
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I know the site is up - I stumbled upon it reading another message.

What I want is the actual database so I can have my own local testing database already pre-populated with content that really pushes the limits of a theme.
=Don=
TKS
Regular

Post by TKS »

You should be able to pull them from spartacus I think.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

What Owen is looking for is a mysql dump of the database used at themes.s9y.org holding the entries of that particular blog.

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

YellowLed wrote:What Owen is looking for is a mysql dump of the database used at themes.s9y.org holding the entries of that particular blog.

YL

DING DING DING DING!! We have a winner. YES, that is what I was looking for. Does this seem like a bad idea? It would take me a long time to try and duplicate what Carl, Garvin, or anyone else has done. Having data that has been specifically created to try and break theme components would be very valuable. One better would be an option in s9y to switch between a "testing database" and the regular one instead of having to use multiple installs of s9y to accomplish the same thing.

So, how about it Garvin? Don't take this the wrong way, but can you "give me a dump"? :lol:
=Don=
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

I have no SQL access to themes.s9y.org, sorry. You'll need to activate Jannis for that :)

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Thanks RobA - I just sent Carl a PM.
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Owen Stubbs wrote:Thanks RobA - I just sent Carl a PM.
I'd still contact Jannis - Carl has mentioned various times that he's very busy at the moment, so it might take him some time to read that PM.

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Well - no response from Jannis or Carl. I know Carl is trying to buy a motorhome. Maybe he got the one they used in the movie "Stripes" (anyone outside the USA see that?). :lol:

Anyway, if anyone happens to have a tidy little theme-buster database, I would certainly be interested in a dump. Of course, I would probably need to install additional plugins if that database included tables beyond the core s9y install.

Hey! Wouldn't that make a nice, tidy little zip? Latest s9y complete with theme busting plugins and theme busting database content!!!
=Don=
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

OK - I can see it is time to bribe you folks. What's it gonna take???
=Don=
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi Owen!

Try to send jannis a privat message - I am absolutely sure he's not even reading this here. :-)

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

garvinhicking wrote:Hi Owen!

Try to send jannis a privat message - I am absolutely sure he's not even reading this here. :-)

Regards,
Garvin
I sent Jannis a PM several days ago. Too bad Carl is out of contact - I started with his v3 template, and he clearly styles a lot of plugins - many of which I have never used, so having data to populate those plugins would be the best case scenario.
=Don=
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Hi all, sorry we've been out of touch. We're back in Brisbane but most of my backups are on an external hard drive and I haven't restored them to my laptop. Honestly I think it will take me a few days to get everything sorted out so if anyone has a copy of the zipfile that Garvin mentioned and if they don't mind posting it for Don I'd really appreciate it.
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Anyone :?: :?: :?:
=Don=