Gallery2 Embed ERROR_PLATFORM_FAILURE

Creating and modifying plugins.
Blood Angel
Regular

Gallery2 Embed ERROR_PLATFORM_FAILURE

Post by Blood Angel »

Greetings and good morning from Munich,

while creating my new website I was looking for an easy skinnable Blog system that had CMS capabilities and serendipity seemed perfect for that.

Right now I am rewriting the Skins to fit into my website design and I am trying to implement some more features, like the Gallery2, that is very important for me, because I want to show videos on my website.

I am almost sure that I did everything the way it's ment to be done (obviously not ;) ) but I get this error message while accessing the embedded gallery:

http://privat.hldesign.info/serendipity ... llery.html
Error (ERROR_PLATFORM_FAILURE) :
  • in modules/core/classes/GalleryTemplate.class at line 270 (gallerycoreapi::error)
    in modules/core/classes/GalleryTemplate.class at line 200 (gallerytemplate::_initcompiledtemplatedir)
    in main.php at line 418 (gallerytemplate::fetch)
    in main.php at line 87
    in modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class at line 192
    in /www/htdocs/w007ac0f/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_g2embed/serendipity_event_g2embed.php at line 114 (galleryembed::handlerequest)
    in /www/htdocs/w007ac0f/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_g2embed/serendipity_event_g2embed.php at line 140 (serendipity_event_g2embed::loadg2)
    in /www/htdocs/w007ac0f/serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_g2embed/serendipity_event_g2embed.php at line 213 (serendipity_event_g2embed::show)
    in /www/htdocs/w007ac0f/serendipity/include/plugin_api.inc.php at line 983 (serendipity_event_g2embed::event_hook)
    in /www/htdocs/w007ac0f/serendipity/include/functions_smarty.inc.php at line 398 (serendipity_plugin_api::hook_event)
    in /www/htdocs/w007ac0f/serendipity/templates_c/hluehrsen^%%52^523^52353075%%entries.tpl.php at line 6
    in /www/htdocs/w007ac0f/serendipity/bundled-libs/Smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php at line 1258
    in /www/htdocs/w007ac0f/serendipity/include/functions_smarty.inc.php at line 64 (smarty::fetch)
    in /www/htdocs/w007ac0f/serendipity/include/functions_entries.inc.php at line 855
    in /www/htdocs/w007ac0f/serendipity/include/genpage.inc.php at line 97
    in /www/htdocs/w007ac0f/serendipity/index.php at line 471
Thank you for any help, I'm really thankful for all of these scripts and please note, that this page is currently under construction, not public and in German. ;) (I'm saying that because right now I haven't yet found a proper place to do a little ad.)

Edit: Typos... to early in the morning... btw. whoose idea was the name "serendipity"... after almost a week I'm still having problems spelling that, not even thinking about to be able to say it right... ;)
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Gallery2 Embed ERROR_PLATFORM_FAILURE

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

I believe the most recent G2 versions have changed their API so that the current plugin does no longer work with them. Can you try an older G2 version?

Someone would need to check their API changes and patch our plugin so that it works again. API changes suck. :-(

The name from Serendipity stems from multiple heritages; you can check out the FAQ on www.s9y.org about the name :)

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Blood Angel
Regular

Post by Blood Angel »

*sigh*

allright... I'll try some older versions and post which version works...

Edit: Okay, results. I tried Gallery 2.0 (Unpossible!)

Does NOT work... *sigh*
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

As I recall, the only version of Gallery supported by the Gallery2 plugin is 2.1 RC2a. A search on Gallery AND version will probably lead to the correct threads.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal