need some opinions for my new style

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Hippo
Regular

need some opinions for my new style

Post by Hippo »

Hello,
what do you think about this?
Good, Bad...

This Version is for S9Y 1.0, but i want to change them to 1.1 Version.
http://hipporatorium.hi.funpic.de/s9y/

Regards, Hippo
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi Hippo

Good, in fact really good. Love the graphics. My only suggestion is that maybe you could try some dynamic image replacement for the header links with a grungy font. But it's not esssential, it looks good as it is

cheers

Dave
azel
Regular

Post by azel »

Hippo...that is really, really cool! :o
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Oh. My. God.

I thought Carl was the king, but you, sir... those are some fantastic graphic design skills you've got there.

I like the way you rustified your logo/avatar.

And I agree, dynamic image replacement to get grunge titles would be even cooler. But that's pretty advanced stuff.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
Hippo
Regular

Post by Hippo »

Hello,
thanks for your opinions, the idea with the dynamic image replacement is very good, i will test it in the next few days!!!!

@judebert
Carl is the King :D , his styles are cool, i have learned many things in his styles, by viewing this!!!

best regards,
Hippo
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

I wish people would stop calling me the king, its embarassing, if you must give me a title, at least make it emperor...

I seem to remember having conversations in the past with some people about the standards the epitomise Serendipity, and I think I said just wait till the new people start producing templates and then watch s9y grow into a platform that will rock the socks off the WP world. Hippo, akb, d_cee and others have produced world class designs recently, and it will be interesting to see what Spartacus looks like 6 months from now.

Hippo, I love your new design, I would also like to see more action in the header. It would be awesome if the design buttonm could actually work, toggle to a plain template with no styles. Might be a lot of extra work but it would be a cool effect.
Hippo
Regular

Post by Hippo »

Hello Carl the emperor,

Image :D

Thanks for your praise, a very nice idea with the NO Design Button, i note it in my todo list.

Regards,
Hippo
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

hey cool graphic, makes me look like the emperor of the Ribena berries, might use that on my blog :idea:
Hippo
Regular

Post by Hippo »

carl_galloway wrote:hey cool graphic, makes me look like the emperor of the Ribena berries, might use that on my blog :idea:
Use it, for your new "carl_emeperor" style :D :D :D
Hippo
Regular

Post by Hippo »

Yeah,
my first S9Y Flash-Header, displaying title and description with ActionScript. :D , made with Koolmoves!

But problems with the No-Style-Button :oops: :cry: .

See it here in Action