Installation went smoothly... but

Having trouble installing serendipity?
g-Org

Installation went smoothly... but

Post by g-Org »

still i have some questions.

1) Is there a way to reset s9y?
Which files do i delete to to make serendipity believe it's freshly installed?

2) Databases
I tried to run 2 S9y installs with one database using different prefixes.
It worked... almost. I din't succeed in logging into the second installation.
Did i do something wrong? Or is this impossible?
If impossible, what would be the solution?

3) Skripts
I would like to insert a javascript into my blogs mainpage (i have to deal with very limited space so i want to hide/show the sidebar with a button). Where should i insert my script?

Thanks in advance
g-org

.... solved one

Post by g-org »

I just realised. It IS possible to have two installations using the same database with different prefixes and therefore different database tables.
Dunno what went wrong in the first place.

I still didn't figure out the "reset".
Deleting the database tables didn't do the trick. Does no one know which files are created/changed during install of serendipidy?

Perhaps my third question was to blurry. I try again.
Wich file would be the best place to insert custom javascripts in a way that they appear and are usabel on the blog's mainpage.
I tried to find an appropriate place myself, but i got lost... damn :)

Thanks agani
Little Hamster
Regular

Post by Little Hamster »

Maybe this answers your question on which file to delete http://www.s9y.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=709
g-org

okay... almost done

Post by g-org »

Thanx... this one helped....

So does anyone know, or can anyone point me to an answer for the javascript question?

Which of the 99,999,999 files of an s9y installation should i use to insert a custom javascript?
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: okay... almost done

Post by garvinhicking »

Since you already found out that you just need to delete 'serendipity_config_local.inc.php', here's how you would insert custom Javascript:

In 0.7.x versions you need to modify the file layout.php in your template directory. There you can also output any JavaScript code you want. You may also edit serendipity_genpage.inc.php to insert JS in HEAD context.

In versions above 0.8 this is much easier, since we now use Smarty. There just edit index.tpl of your template directory (or templates/default/index.tpl) if you're lacking that file.

Regards,
Garvin.
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
g-Org

Re: okay... almost done

Post by g-Org »

garvinhicking wrote: In 0.7.x versions you need to modify the file layout.php in your template directory. There you can also output any JavaScript code you want. You may also edit serendipity_genpage.inc.php to insert JS in HEAD context.

In versions above 0.8 this is much easier, since we now use Smarty. There just edit index.tpl of your template directory (or templates/default/index.tpl) if you're lacking that file.
THANKS a LOT 8) 8)
I think I'll switch to 0.8 since I heard it's pretty stable.