I tried to upgrade from my 1.7.3 installation to the new stable 2.0.3:
1. I backed up my s9y directory.
2. I backed up the blog database using mysqldump.
3. I downloaded serendipity-2.0.3.zip from github.
4. I unzipped serendipity-2.0.3.zip into s9y directory
Code: Select all
# unzip -d <directory> serendipity-2.0.3.zip
5. I restarted apache2.
6. I accessed blog and went to admin page.
7. No upgrade script, just the normal gui like before.
I tried to start ../serendipity/docs/upgrade.sh manually:
So how do I upgrade then? Where is the web-based installer?This bash file is out of date and does not respect the new directory structure, templates and compiled templates. It needs to be fixed, so if you don't know how to do bash scripting, please don't use this file. Use the web-based installer instead. If you DO want to make this file work, make sure you sure know how to do it.