Hide date display

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Rodnox
Regular

Hide date display

Post by Rodnox »

I'd like to use the s9y blog as website.

Therefor I have installed the start page plug in.

Unfortunately the entry still has a date of publishing and all the blog typical informations above and below. (Topic, Publisher, Date, Category etc.)

Any chance to hide that?

[Edit]
Just noticed, the Startpage is only displayed as long as I'm logged in as Admin. As soon a I appoach the site as normal user, the Startpage is blank. Checked the hide and show options, seems right. Should display the category "start page" (which has only that one entry).

Any suggestions?
yellowled
Regular

Re: Hide date display

Post by yellowled »

Rodnox wrote:Unfortunately the entry still has a date of publishing and all the blog typical informations above and below. (Topic, Publisher, Date, Category etc.)

Any chance to hide that?
The Bulletproof theme offers theme options to tweak which of this information is emitted or not. If you don't want to use Bulletproof, you're going to have to edit your template to hide those.

Is this about rodnox.de or a different blog?

YL
Rodnox
Regular

Post by Rodnox »

Thanks for the help so far.

It's not about my main page (rodnox.de).

Have another project working.

PS.: Would be nice if someone could spend the time to write a plug in, that offers options to hide several things. Cause so far I don't know any other cms system, that offers as much as s9y and unfortunately it's just for blogs.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Rodnox wrote:Have another project working.
Well, in that case you'd have to modify the template to hide the date. (Hint: I need to know which template you're using to give code examples.)
Rodnox wrote:PS.: Would be nice if someone could spend the time to write a plug in, that offers options to hide several things.
It's s9y's philosophy to not have plugins duplicate functionality. This "issue" can be solved through the template, so there's really no need for a plugin here. :)

YL
Rodnox
Regular

Post by Rodnox »

yellowled wrote: It's s9y's philosophy to not have plugins duplicate functionality. This "issue" can be solved through the template, so there's really no need for a plugin here. :)

YL

I don't mean to be ungrateful, but thats simply not logic. ONE Template can solve the feature. ONE!

Is it really s9y's policy to limit the users to one Template only? Or do you seriously think, that the "option" to edit the code is another way? If so ... stop calling it a content management system. People who turn to cms, do so cause they are not educated to program and edit the code themselves.

But enough of that ... I'm fine with the solution suggested. Even tho bullet template can't hide the date.

Thanks
Rod
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Rodnox wrote:I don't mean to be ungrateful, but thats simply not logic. ONE Template can solve the feature. ONE!
No. You can disable the date display in any template by editing it.
Rodnox wrote:Is it really s9y's policy to limit the users to one Template only?
It does most definitely not do that at all.
Rodnox wrote:Or do you seriously think, that the "option" to edit the code is another way?
In fact, I do. It offers a lot of flexibility a dropdown box can not provide.
Rodnox wrote:If so ... stop calling it a content management system. People who turn to cms, do so cause they are not educated to program and edit the code themselves.
We're not calling it a content management system. Although it may be used as a CMS, it's still primarily (and will very likely always be) a weblog software.

This is a tweak not very commonly requested. That's why there is no other solution than editing code, which by the way is quite common in other CMS as well.

You are right, BP does not offer hinding the date altoghether. Sorry, my mistake.

YL