Help Needed

Having trouble installing serendipity?
rightway

Help Needed

Post by rightway »

Hi im new to all this, and trying to work out how I can upload a picture to individual posts on my blog. Would also like to be able to post videos on the blog also, for example posting a video from say bbc.co.uk and having it sit on the blog. Is this possible?
yellowled
Regular

Re: Help Needed

Post by yellowled »

rightway wrote:Hi im new to all this, and trying to work out how I can upload a picture to individual posts on my blog.
In your s9y admin backend, use all the menu items under "Media" to upload and organize files in your trusty media db. This should be pretty self-explanatory. The entry editor (depending on which one you use exactly) offers a button to include files from said media db into your posts.
rightway wrote:Would also like to be able to post videos on the blog also, for example posting a video from say bbc.co.uk and having it sit on the blog. Is this possible?
It most definitely is, at least for sites which explicitly allow embedding of videos like i.e. YouTube. In fact, there is a plugin for YouTube called "Extended Editor Buttons: Youtube etc.", but beware that some sites might not allow embedding of their content in your site.

YL