Serendipity Book

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
jabeavers
Regular

Serendipity Book

Post by jabeavers »

Garvin:

I bought the book, but didn't realize it is in German. Is there an English version? Can we trade mine for the English somehow?

Thanks,
John
yellowled
Regular

Re: Serendipity Book

Post by yellowled »

jabeavers wrote:Is there an English version?
Unfortunately, there is no English version of Garvin's book.

YL
jabeavers
Regular

Post by jabeavers »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh, um... ok, thanks. :)

John
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

John - as Yellowled said, there is not yet an English version of this book. This forum is pretty helpful, so never hesitate to ask anything you need. Leave the German book on your desk at work, school, or home... make people think you are a German expert! They will be impressed!!! :mrgreen:

Seriously, I am certain everyone here will do what they can to help you out as needed!
=Don=
jabeavers
Regular

Post by jabeavers »

Hey Don,

Thanks for the offer and the advice (priceless!!). I do ask plenty of questions here, my problem is that I have not been able to find any kind of api or even list of variables available in a template file that I can use. I wanted the book because I'd hoped it covers that, as well as programming plugins for s9y and other neat stuff. It would be helpful to me if someone would make a tutorial as to how to program/create a template for s9y, and what variables are available for use from within a template.

I have checked the online documentation, but the link that I think I need is broken (I can't remember which right now), so I'm kind of stuck. I ask questions, but I can't help myself, and I can't learn to help myself with the system.

So..., there's my complaint. I'll be asking questions here, I'm sure, but I would really like to be able to help myself with stuff.

Thanks,
John
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

I'm really sorry about you being stuck with that german book. ;)

Did you have a look at http://www.s9y.org/102.html ? It should cover actually most variables. If there are specific variables that you're missing please feel free to ask, so that we can add them to the documentation!

HTH and best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Timbalu
Regular

Post by Timbalu »

garvinhicking wrote:I'm really sorry about you being stuck with that german book. ;)
Well, perhaps not an english one..., but will there be a revised edition in german soon?

Ian