Question to markup: Mobile output

Creating and modifying plugins.
yellowled
Regular

Re: Question to markup: Mobile output

Post by yellowled »

konus wrote:How could we begin now? I think it would be good to start with a very simple template and add features step by step. I like the clean view of the iphone script and the big touch areas, but this uses javascript.
Unfortunately, I have literally no time available for this at the moment. I might have some time for this in about 2 weeks, but most certainly not earlier. Sorry.

YL
konus
Regular

Post by konus »

Only two weaks? Great! :-)

Seriously, I am grateful for every help I get here. So "make it good, not fast!"
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

konus wrote:Only two weaks? Great! :-)
You did notice the word "might" in there, right? :wink:

YL
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

konus wrote:How could we begin now? I think it would be good to start with a very simple template and add features step by step. I like the clean view of the iphone script and the big touch areas, but this uses javascript.
I might find the time to work on this at the end of the upcoming week, so let's start by collecting some info.

1. Does this actually need device-specific templates? Apart from using specific UI elements for iOS or Android (which could be done using CSS only, I guess), is there a technical reason for seperate sets of .tpl files?

2. What exactly is xhtml_mp needed for? Is this some kind of generic fallback for non-Android, non iOS devices? Are there any technical objections to switching all mobile templates to HTML5?

3. The iui.js is not really an issue since it's available for Android and other platforms as well, but I'm not sure we actually need or want this any longer. I haven't really checked out what it actually does, but it should most definitely not provide any key features of the mobile template via JS.

4. In the iphone.app/index.tpl, what does {if $ajax!=1} mean?

YL
konus
Regular

Post by konus »

yellowled wrote:1. Does this actually need device-specific templates? Apart from using specific UI elements for iOS or Android (which could be done using CSS only, I guess), is there a technical reason for separate sets of .tpl files?
I don't know the original reason. I think the author wanted to have a look like an intern app, which I feel is not necessary/ not good.
2. What exactly is xhtml_mp needed for? Is this some kind of generic fallback for non-Android, non iOS devices? Are there any technical objections to switching all mobile templates to HTML5?
I think, this was meant to be an generic template, but in my case, it throws an error and does not work at all.

I have no information about the other points.