[RESOLVED]Help with slight template modification

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
hdiaz36
Regular

[RESOLVED]Help with slight template modification

Post by hdiaz36 »

Hello everyone.

I'm currently using the default Serendipity template. I believe it is called Serendipity v3.0 or something like that. Anyway, I just want to change the blue banner(?) where the name of the blog goes to a custom picture.

I've tried reading up on how to do this, but I can't seem to find an easy explanation as to how to achieve this - well in layman's terms anyway.

I know that this probably involves changing an image file, or changing the code to point somewhere else. Anyway, I'm am a complete novice at HTML code, but I don't think this is such a complicated operation.

If there is anyone who knows how to do this any help would be appreciated.

Finally, one other question I have is how to I change the two links at the bottom to open in a new window. I'm talking about where is says powered by s9y design by carl. I think I have to do something like add some code like target="_blank", I just have no idea where I am supposed to add this.

Any help with these issues, especially the first one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Oh, if any further information is needed, or you have any questions, please just ask.
Last edited by hdiaz36 on Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

I'm a bit rusty, so I don't remember the name of the header. However, if you load up FireBug or MODI, you should be able to find the ID of the <div> that contains the banner.

Now edit your template's style.css. Since you're using the default template, that should be in default/. Add the CSS background selector (again, I'm too rusty to remember it immediately) and point it to the URL you want as your banner image.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

judebert wrote:I'm a bit rusty, so I don't remember the name of the header. However, if you load up FireBug or MODI, you should be able to find the ID of the <div> that contains the banner.
*scratchscratch* As long as you don't need an oil change ... :wink:

The div id in question should be #serendipity_banner - ah, the magic of sensible id and class names :)
judebert wrote:Now edit your template's style.css. Since you're using the default template, that should be in default/.
Remember that contest we had? serendipity v3.0 should be located in carl_contest/, deafult/ still holds the files for v2.3 by Tom Sommer.

YL
hdiaz36
Regular

Post by hdiaz36 »

Thank you very much. I was able to make the changes! :wink: