Statistics: Monthly visitors in sidebar suddenly missing

Creating and modifying plugins.
Manuel
Regular

Statistics: Monthly visitors in sidebar suddenly missing

Post by Manuel »

Hi!

First of all, thanks to all s9y developers for releasing 1.1. It's an awesome release! :)

However, I noticed a small bug in the statistics plugin. Since the upgrade (from 1.0.4 to 1.1), the number of visitors in the current month is gone in the small sidebar statistics. I played around with the settings of both the serendipity_event_statistics plugin and the sidebar plugin, but to no avail. Can anybody please tell me what is wrong here? :(

Also, there is a language issue in the German translation of the serendipity_event_statistics plugin. I will contact Garvin about that. :)

Thank you and best regards,
-Manuel
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Statistics: Monthly visitors in sidebar suddenly missing

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Could you maybe try to use the statistics plugin from 1.0.4 and see if that then works again?

I think that this plugin was heavily upgraded in the visitor tracking for 1.1...but not by me, since I don't use the plugin ;)

Will look at your language-mail (I got it!) next week.

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Manuel
Regular

Post by Manuel »

Hi Garvin,

thanks for your response! Well, since the files of "both" statistics plugins are in the same folder (plugins/serendipity_event_statistics), I tried to just replace serendipity_plugin_statistics.php (displayed as v1.3 on the plugin configuration page) with the file I used earlier (which was, I'm afraid, from the 1.0 release and is now displayed as v1.1 on the plugin configuration page).

And now voilà: The number of monthly visitors displays again, but only after I switched it off and on again in the configuration dialogue of the sidebar statistics plugin.

So there must be a bug in the serendipity_plugin_statistics.php file (v1.3), or else something went wrong during the upgrade process. In the Changelog of the statistics plugin, it says that a specific table was added in the 1.40 release. But how to make sure the database is upgraded as well when upgrading your plugin files? (I prefer not to use Spartacus but upload my files manually instead due to file permission issues). Does this database change affect the statistics sidebar plugin at all? And besides ... on my plugin configuration page (under the event plugins), it says that v1.44 of the statistics plugin is installed, not v1.40. Confusion all along. :?

Thanks for your help, which is much appreciated!

Best regards,
-Manuel