"Media" Button doesn't work as it used to

Having trouble installing serendipity?
dakira
Regular

"Media" Button doesn't work as it used to

Post by dakira »

Hi,

whenever I click the "Media" button while making a new entry I get the popup where I can select the image. When I select it nothing happens.

With the (old) "Image" button I used to get a second popup where I could choose how the image should be inserted. Now only a link to the image is inserted.. like this:

Code: Select all

<a href="/uploads/personal/whatever.gif" title="whatever.gif" target="_blank">f-cdn.gif</a>
I can do the html myself, but it really was more comfortable before. Anyone knows what the problem might be?

I'm running v.0.7-beta2 (upgraded from an earlier installation). The problem began after the upgrade. I tried a clean installation and copied over the old database.. nothing changed..

Hope someone can help

cheers
dakira
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: "Media" Button doesn't work as it used to

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi Dakira!

Yes, there was a bug in that image routine, I'm sorry. It's fixed in current CVS snapshots, and if we're lucky, the 0.7 version will be released today.

Regards,
Garvin.
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/

Re: "Media" Button doesn't work as it used to

Post by Guest »

garvinhicking wrote:Yes, there was a bug in that image routine, I'm sorry. It's fixed in current CVS snapshots, and if we're lucky, the 0.7 version will be released today.
what exactly do you mean by "current" snapshot? After I wrote my post I updated to the CVS snapshot of nov 6th.. no change.. anyway.. hope you mean something newer with current ;)

peace out
dakira
CapriSkye
Regular

Post by CapriSkye »

i guess it has to be the one released today, version 0.7.
dakira
Regular

Post by dakira »

Hi,

I just upgraded to the very latest CVS snapshot.. the error is still there ;(

I press the Media Button, get the media popup, click on the image i want to add and then just get a link to the image. I tried this in the latest versions of Opera and Firefox.

It would really be cool if one of you developers could tell me whats wrong, since I seem to be the only user having this problem ;(

peace out
dakira
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

I can't really reproduce that...could you be so kind to make a screenshot of each step? And tell which version you are using (latest CVS is 0.8-alpha4...?). And tell if you're using WYSIWYG editor.

Or maybe you can set me up an account on your blog (I only need a 'editor' account) and I'll see to it. Mail me privately about this, if you agree.

Regards,
Garvin.
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/

Post by Guest »

email is out ;)
dakira
Regular

Post by dakira »

oops.. that was me ;)
my ICQ# is 14561310 btw..
lionmasta

Same problem

Post by lionmasta »

Hello

I've been using Serendipity 0.8 for a few months now and it used to work fine but now I have the same problem : when I post and add an image I only get the first step (choose an image from the library) but then I don't get the second step and instead of the actual image, a link is displayed :?
I can still insert an image using html code but it was easier with the interface...
Could you tell me what I might have done wrong

Thanks in advance

A happy Serendipity user :wink:
dakira
Regular

Post by dakira »

hi,

my problem was, that when I made an update the MIME types of the files in my media library got lost. With no (or incorrect) MIME types serendipity assumes you are adding general media (like mp3 files) and not images in particular. This is why the second window didn't get displayed in my case. I figured I only had the problem with the existing pictures. When I added new pictures to the library MIME types where set correctly.

Hope that helps you to find the problem.
lionmasta

Post by lionmasta »

Thanks for the answer but my problem is not a MIME type problem...
I just solved it (temporarily) by replacing serendipity_admin_image_selector.php from my 0.8 version by the one from version 0.7.1 :shock:
I don't know why it works now and what was the problem with the file from version 0.8 (which works perfectly in other blogs I made) but still, it works

:twisted: :wink:
joho
Regular

Post by joho »

dakira wrote:My problem was, that when I made an update the MIME types of the files in my media library got lost. With no (or incorrect) MIME types serendipity assumes you are adding general media (like mp3 files) and not images in particular. This is why the second window didn't get displayed in my case.
Being able to see media types in the administration interface may be a way to sort this out if this is why it behaves so strangely. Also being able to edit the media types might help.
At the end of a smile, there is a laugh and a 1/2 [DAD]