New Orleans Needs A S9Y Installation. Can Some One Assist?

Having trouble installing serendipity?
rafikicai

New Orleans Needs A S9Y Installation. Can Some One Assist?

Post by rafikicai »

Blessings and Peace:

I am a technologist, volunteering on the ground here in New Orleans; with the Rebuild Effort. There is an immediate need, to help non-profits get up simple web presences.

I am willing to secure server space, for the hosting of a S9Y Engine, but alas I am a community trainer and not a programmer. I'd greatly appreciate someone who's expert at installing S9Y, giving a helping hand to get things rolling.

Can a Development Team member, or someone already running a S9Y driven ASP model, please assist. I can be reached by phone at 661-209-8709. Your helping hand is greatly appreciated.

In Service of THE ONENESS,
Rafiki "The Digital Doctor" Cai
The ONENESS of The Allness is the Key that we seek. When will we All catch on?
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: New Orleans Needs A S9Y Installation. Can Some One Assi

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Do I understand you right that you want to run a service like supersized.org or the other hosting solutions we listed on http://www.s9y.org/61.html ?

You might want to contact those ASP provides privately; currently, offering ASP services with s9y is still requiring some technical skills for signups etc., and no one of the current hosting providers have shared their scripts for the public. Setting the ASP service up and running is not hard for a usual developer, but harder for the 'everyday person'.

You might want to contact Jannis Hermans, I bet he'd be willing to help you out somehow. See www.jannis.to on how to contact him...

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Darryl
Regular

Post by Darryl »

As someone who lives in Metairie, Louisiana (a suburb of New Orleans for those who don't know), I don't really understand or see the immediate need that non-profits have for a simple web presence. Most of them already have their own web presence.

However...

If the matter is indeed urgent, I can easily setup individual non-profits with an s9y installation, under a domain that I own and host on my server. I would require certain documentation to prove the non-profit is registered with the government (state and fed), along with certain assurances that the non-profits would have a direct impact on the lives of the people who live along the gulf coast and were affected by Hurricanes Rita and Katrina.

OTOH, if what you are looking for is something along the line of what Garvin is talking about, I would suggest you follow his recommendations.

Darryl