Quick Search Facility not working

Having trouble installing serendipity?
waheed
Regular

Quick Search Facility not working

Post by waheed »

Iv installed Serendipity twice on my server, installation and everything else went smoothly, no problem. i added two articles on my blog, and tested the search facility out i keep getting this erro on screen.
this is the message:
i have limited knowledge on mysql
-------------------------------------------

The search function did not work as expected. Notice for the administrator of this blog: This may happen because of missing index keys in your database. On MySQL systems your database user account needs to be privileged to execute this query:
CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX entry_idx on serendipity_entries (title,body,extended)The specific error returned by the database was:
SELECT
e.id,
e.authorid,
a.realname AS author,
a.email,
ec.categoryid,
e.timestamp,
e.comments,
e.title,
e.body,
e.extended,
e.trackbacks,
e.exflag

FROM
serendipity_entries e
LEFT JOIN serendipity_authors a
ON e.authorid = a.authorid
LEFT JOIN serendipity_entrycat ec
ON e.id = ec.entryid
LEFT OUTER JOIN serendipity_entryproperties ep_cache_extended
ON (e.id = ep_cache_extended.entryid AND ep_cache_extended.property = 'ep_cache_extended')
LEFT OUTER JOIN serendipity_entryproperties ep_cache_body
ON (e.id = ep_cache_body.entryid AND ep_cache_body.property = 'ep_cache_body')
LEFT OUTER JOIN serendipity_entryproperties ep_access
ON (e.id = ep_access.entryid AND ep_access.property = 'ep_access')
LEFT JOIN serendipity_entryproperties ep_sticky
ON (e.id = ep_sticky.entryid AND ep_sticky.property = 'ep_is_sticky')
WHERE
MATCH(title,body,extended) AGAINST('football')
AND isdraft = 'false' AND timestamp <= 1127599222 AND (ep_access.property IS NULL OR ep_access.value = 'member' OR ep_access.value = 'public' OR (ep_access.value = 'private' AND e.authorid = 1))
GROUP BY e.id
ORDER BY timestamp DESC
LIMIT 15 / Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I havent done anything with the Mysql database, i installed it and tested it out and this is what i get.

everything else works fantastic!

i downloaded the (version Serendipity 0.8.4 - August 19th, 2005)
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Quick Search Facility not working

Post by garvinhicking »

Please just read the error message, it tells you what to do. You can also search the forums, it contains verbose information on what to do using phpMyAdmin. :)

Or if you have a system administrator, forward him the error message and tell him to please set FULLTEXT index keys on the mentioned columns. :)

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
waheed
Regular

Changing tables InnoDB to MyISAM

Post by waheed »

Hiya sorry to bother you again, can you please tell me how i can change the tables from InnoDB to MyISAM through phpmyadmin, i was told by a friend that you can change it from the sql folder for example

$TABLE[] = "CREATE TABLE ibf_admin_logs (id bigint(20) NOT NULL auto_increment,PRIMARY KEY (id) )";

and change it to look like this:

$TABLE[] = "CREATE TABLE ibf_admin_logs (id bigint(20) NOT NULL auto_increment,PRIMARY KEY (id) ) TYPE=MYISAM";

The addition of the "TYPE=MYISAM" after the closing ) and before the "; . This should be done for every table definition in the file.

and then reinstalling the whole serendipity from start,

is this the only way of doing it? and will it effect anything when upgrades become available? or do i have to repeate this proceedure whenever install the latest version serendipity.

Thankyou

your help is much appriciated :D
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Changing tables InnoDB to MyISAM

Post by garvinhicking »

Yes, you can change that in phpMyAdmin by going to the "OPERATIONS" tab of each table.

Serendipity uses the default table type of your databases. Sine Serendipity is created for many DB engines (SQLite, postgreSQL) we do not use custom TYPE=... commands for MySQL.

So you don't need to reinstall it when you change it in phpMyAdmin. Apart from the serendipity_entries table, you can leave the other tables as InnoDB format if you like. Ususually, innodb is not the default table type for MySQL.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
waheed
Regular

Thankyou

Post by waheed »

Thankyou for your help, Quick Search Facility is now functioning perfectly on my website
:D :D :D