From Scratch: s9y 2.5 mod_rewrite issues

Found a bug? Tell us!!
inoculator

From Scratch: s9y 2.5 mod_rewrite issues

Post by inoculator »

I have started with s9y 2.5 on a fresh installed system.
Due to some circumstances, I currently have to use MySQL 5.7, but I have doubt, that this is the origin of my issues.
Underlying system is an Ubuntu 22.04 LTS with PHP 8.0.30 and Apache2.4
I primed the system with everything I found in the installation Docs and went for the initial setup.
After filling everything, the system returned "green" and I switched to the start page, viewing something without any stylesheet loaded.
After fiddling around with roll backs and new attempts I figured out, that the issue occurs as soon as I select "mod_rewrite" from the "nice URL" settings, while it makes no difference which version of it I chose. meanwhile I do not need to "reinstall" but just need to load the admin page by typing it directly and then change back to "disable url rewrite". Going back to the start page shows then again a fine looking s9y.
I have created a small test file loading just the phpinfo() which confirms "mod_rewrite" is loaded. I can also see, that the related .htaccess files are changed in the root of the s9y folder.
I attach some screens to display, what I am talking about.

Any idea? What do I miss or do not see?
Attachments
s9y_mod_rewrite_issue.pdf
(181.57 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
inoculator

Solved: From Scratch: s9y 2.5 mod_rewrite issues

Post by inoculator »

ok, sorry for disturbance, but I found it myself.
I had a typo in the "directory" directive in the apache config, which lead to "AllowOverride all" not to be recognized. After correcting this, everything is back to normal.

It is much too late.. I should get some sleep.... ;-)
onli
Regular

Re: From Scratch: s9y 2.5 mod_rewrite issues

Post by onli »

Thanks for documenting your solution :)