Problem with admin interface landing page

Found a bug? Tell us!!
sternchen
Regular

Problem with admin interface landing page

Post by sternchen »

Hi everyone,
first of all thank you very much for the new version. I just did the upgrade and it looks good.
I have a problem since my provider upgraded PHP from version 7.3 to 8.2 already while ago, but it didn't bother me to much.
My landing page after login (http://***.de/serendipity_admin.php) looks like this:
Unbenannt.jpeg
Unbenannt.jpeg (50.3 KiB) Viewed 520 times
After clicking on some draft I get the normal landing page with side bar and I have access to all settings etc. It's really just the landing page after login, which looks strange.
I thought it would be fixed with the upgrade, but unfortunately the problem remains.
Any idea how to fix it?
Thank you very much and kind regards,
Falk
onli
Regular

Re: Problem with admin interface landing page

Post by onli »

This looks like it loads the old admin interface. Is that normal for you? Does your backend usually look like this: https://www.onli-blogging.de/uploads/s9 ... d_tiny.png ?
sternchen
Regular

Post by sternchen »

Yes exactly, it looks like yours.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

A while ago there was a plugin that changed that page, could be called serendipity_event_dashboard. Something like that installed?
sternchen
Regular

Post by sternchen »

Oh yes great, that's it. The serendipity_event_dashboard plugin was installed and active. Moving it to inactive fixed the issue.
(Probably I should check all my plugins, there is some really old stuff)
Thank you very much!
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Maybe better to uninstall that one even, as its old code might cause issues with future PHP versions. And as it was aimed at s9y before the dashboard was useful, I think, it is unlikely to get new updates.

Great that it works now though :)
sternchen
Regular

Post by sternchen »

Yes I uninstalled this plugin and found some more old stuff ("Karteileichen"). Deactivating some of these is causing issues, but I will do some more maintenance first before I maybe ask for some help again.
Thanks so far!