After migration to new host login to backend fails - connectivity to plugin repo

Having trouble installing serendipity?
jemm4jemm
Regular

After migration to new host login to backend fails - connectivity to plugin repo

Post by jemm4jemm »

I moved my site to a new host and frontend works as supposed. However logging to admin backend ends up with an error:

"The URL https://raw.github.com/s9y/additional_p ... bar_en.xml (IP 185.199.108.133) could not be opened. Maybe the Serendipity or SourceForge.net Server is down - we are sorry, you need to try again later. Trying to use cURL library as fallback..."

Please note that error text mentions only one plugin and at this phase I do not know if requests for other plugins worked or this was error on first request.

The same time php error log shows:

Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getBody() on null in [redacted]/plugins/serendipity_event_spartacus/serendipity_event_spartacus.php:535\nStack trace:\n#0 [redacted]/plugins/serendipity_event_spartacus/serendipity_event_spartacus.php(653): serendipity_event_spartacus->fetchfile()\n#1 [redacted]/plugins/serendipity_event_spartacus/serendipity_event_spartacus.php(1164): serendipity_event_spartacus->fetchOnline()\n#2 [redacted]/plugins/serendipity_event_spartacus/serendipity_event_spartacus.php(1340): serendipity_event_spartacus->count_plugin_upgrades()\n#3 [redacted]/include/plugin_api.inc.php(1188): serendipity_event_spartacus->event_hook()\n#4 [redacted]/include/admin/overview.inc.php(66): serendipity_plugin_api::hook_event()\n#5 [redacted]/serendipity_admin.php(214): include('/dsk1/websites/...')\n#6 {main}\n thro...', referer: [redacted]/serendipity_admin.php

Connectivity from host to the world works: S9Y is at 2.4 and PHP 7.4.33 and cURL at 7.74

I had a look at serendipity_event_spartacus.php and therein PEAR HTTP/Request2.php is used as main download method and curl as fallback. However at my old host Request2 was not installed and curl was used.

Can anyone advise where to look next?