Translations, where

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Havouza15
Regular

Translations, where

Post by Havouza15 »

Hi!
I have installed, everything works as I want, well almost. I use the Cleanblog template
I am swede, and the blog is in swedish. But the admin pages menu and such is about 50% translated, the rest is in english. I have tried to find a language file but no luck. There is a swedish language file inm the lang folder but it seems to be not involved. Tthe cleanblog template folder has 2 languagefiles, english and german. Where can I look more

Anders
onli
Regular

Re: Translations, where

Post by onli »

It would be absolutely great if you could have a look at the swedish translation and send possible changes to us on Github.

It is possible that the translation in the language file is simply not complete anymore. But what the system ought to use is the one in lang/UTF-8/serendipity_lang_LANGUAGECODE.inc.php. So that should be lang/UTF-8/serendipity_lang_se.inc.php, right?

That file is the base translation. Plugins and themes that paint their own UI will often use its language constants as well, but they also can have their own. Typical for plugin options for example. Those will often not exist in swedish, the fallback is then english. Look for example at plugins/serendipity_event_spartacus/UTF-8/

(Theoretically it is possible for the blog to not use UTF-8, then it will use the language files one directory above. Serendipity is that old that this was sound back then. Now UTF-8 is the default and should always be what is used.)
Havouza15
Regular

Post by Havouza15 »

Hi!
I will gladly have a look at the language file and see if I can help. I do translations every day so it will be ok.
I doubt that the template designer has its own Lang file for the menu in the admin dashboard so perhaps it's not complete. I will have a look.

Anders
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

The template might have a language file - for its configuration and sometimes (very rarely) for special integrated elements. It might also fall back on language constants of our default template 2k11, those live in templates/2k11/UTF-8/. But now that really should be everything :)
Havouza15
Regular

Post by Havouza15 »

I have had a look at the se language file and its missing 75% of the translations so I will translate it. Where can I then send it?

Anders
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Best would be to open a Pull Request on github, at https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity. You can even do that online :) Using Github would be the best option.

But if that would block you too much let me know, you can send it to me and I would add it for you. I'll send you my mail as a private message here in the forum.