Problems during login to admin area

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Eloise_Pasteur

Problems during login to admin area

Post by Eloise_Pasteur »

I recently updated to 2.3.5 (I started last night, had issues, came back to it today).

I'm stuck on this one though (my user name and password are not as shown in the snippet)...

Code: Select all

#0  errorToExceptionHandler(2, Undefined array key “backend_login”, /home2/eloisepa/public_html/blog/include/plugin_api.inc.php, 1143) called at [/home2/eloisepa/public_html/blog/include/plugin_api.inc.php:1143]
#1  serendipity_plugin_api::hook_event(backend_login, , ) called at [/home2/eloisepa/public_html/blog/include/functions_config.inc.php:538]
#2  serendipity_authenticate_author(user, password, , ) called at [/home2/eloisepa/public_html/blog/include/functions_config.inc.php:374]
#3  serendipity_login() called at [/home2/eloisepa/public_html/blog/serendipity_config.inc.php:371]
#4  include(/home2/eloisepa/public_html/blog/serendipity_config.inc.php) called at [/home2/eloisepa/public_html/blog/serendipity_admin.php:9]
Any advice? The front end works (the theme is messed up but that's ok) I can get to a login page if I click the admin link which seems ok, but then I get a white screen. If I enable debug mode, I get this...
onli
Regular

Re: Problems during login to admin area

Post by onli »

Is it possible that the server is using PHP 8.x? Serendipity 2.3.5 is not compatible with that version yet. 2.4-beta1 would work, and is what I'd recommend to use.
huifleck

Post by huifleck »

That worked, thanks so much!
KodrutZ
Regular

Post by KodrutZ »

I upgraded to 2.4.0, and I'm stuck with the eternal admin password mess. Tried the fixlogin.php trick, didn't work. Is there any update for that one? Running PHP 8.0, the login page loads fine, the password doesn't work no matter what I do. Guess I should do more... :oops:
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Did you try the script from viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24799, or was your variant different?
KodrutZ
Regular

Post by KodrutZ »

I tried an older approach, apparently. Will get to this one today or tomorrow. Thank you very much!
>>> Later Edit: Changed the hash type to 2 in the database, now I can apparently login to the admin panel, but once I click something, it takes me to the login screen again. I login successfully, I press any button/link, I end up facing the login screen again...