Can't remove user.

Having trouble installing serendipity?
tliitts
Regular

Can't remove user.

Post by tliitts »

I'm a newbie to S9Y. I've got it working, but now I want to clean up some of my poor choices when installing. The first is that I want to remove a user I created, but when I try to do that I get:

"Your browser did not sent a valid HTTP-Referrer string. This may have either been caused by a misconfigured browser/proxy or by a Cross Site Request Forgery (XSRF) aimed at you. The action you requested could not be completed."

Any pointers will be much appreciate.
onli
Regular

Re: Can't remove user.

Post by onli »

I'm really confused now. Your account is ten years old. So usually, this should have meant that someone hacked a user account to spam with it.

But your post seems legit and deleting a user actually is broken also in my installation, resulting in the same error message. Did you really test s9y 10 years ago and are now trying again? :)

Are you comfortable with github and could open a bug report at https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/issues?
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Making a report on github will not be necessary, I did fix this now in https://github.com/s9y/Serendipity/comm ... 6b2ca30fa3. Should be part of the next s9y release. If you want to fix this in your blog before the release, you could copy the changes to your local files.

Thanks for the report!
tliitts
Regular

Post by tliitts »

Yes, I really did explore s9y ten years ago. Hey, that's just yesterday to my octogenarian mind. My previous try didn't work out, but I'm now using on one website and bringing it up on another. Works great for me, although I'm only touching the surface of it's capabilities I'm sure.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Awesome. And thanks again for the bug report!
ramisthand76

Post by ramisthand76 »

i got same problem myfiosgateway
mobdro
Last edited by ramisthand76 on Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

I assume this last comment is spam, right? If not please respond here.