mime_unknown for Mov

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Gryphen
Regular

mime_unknown for Mov

Post by Gryphen »

Hi Guys,

as I mentioned elsewhere, I have just carried out a fresh install of the latest version of Serendipity onto a Raspberry Pi, after solving the PHP version issue, I now find that when I upload a video firstly it doesn't create a thumbnail, instead using a mime_unknown.png file, and then when I include the video's in a post it doesn't even use that png file instead giving a missing image marker, if I'm in the media library and click on the video link it produces a screen that states 'the image could not be loaded' with 'the image a link to the following:-

'install ip-address/serendipity_admin.php?serendipity[adminModule]=image&serendipity[adminAction]=choose&serendipity[noBanner]=true&serendipity[noSidebar]=true&serendipity[fid]=32&serendipity[filename_only]=&serendipity[textarea]=&serendipity[htmltarget]=

Can someone please advise if there is something I am doing wrong, I tried a MOV, AVI and an MP4 file all with the same results.
onli
Regular

Re: mime_unknown for Mov

Post by onli »

I doubt you are doing something wrong. In the current git version of serendipity we changed how videos are treated, and it was my impression that this was a bit broken before. Most users do not use the ML for videos so far, but upload them to youtube or peertube instead. That's what I'd recommend, for now.
Gryphen
Regular

Re: mime_unknown for Mov

Post by Gryphen »

Thanks onli for the advice :)