Making Backups

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Stosh
Regular

Making Backups

Post by Stosh »

Hi,

I used the backups facility to make a backup of the sql tables (full structure) and that seems to be fine. I tried backup to html and was not able to find where those went. They're not in the Backup folder, nor are they in the htmlarea folder. Any ideas?

Also, I have two different backup requirements.
  1. I'd like to make backups that can be restored into a more recent install (I'm assuming the sql-full structure will provide this but am not absolutely sure about it).
  2. I'd also like text (or html) based backups that will allow me a worst-case: just-having-all-the-old-posts-if-needed solution.
I assumed that #2 would handle the latter situation, but have been unable to find that html backup anywhere.

Thanks for any help you can render on this.

-djr
thh
Regular

Re: Making Backups

Post by thh »

Stosh wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:28 pmI used the backups facility
Do you refer to the serendipity_event_backup plugin?
Stosh wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:28 pmto make a backup of the sql tables (full structure) and that seems to be fine. I tried backup to html and was not able to find where those went. They're not in the Backup folder, nor are they in the htmlarea folder. Any ideas?
The plugin should have a configuration option Absolute Path to backup directory?
Stosh wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:28 pmAlso, I have two different backup requirements.
  1. I'd like to make backups that can be restored into a more recent install (I'm assuming the sql-full structure will provide this but am not absolutely sure about it).
  2. I'd also like text (or html) based backups that will allow me a worst-case: just-having-all-the-old-posts-if-needed solution.
I assumed that #2 would handle the latter situation, but have been unable to find that html backup anywhere.
You'll have to backup the database (SQL) and the files (s9y, plugins, templates, media) to restore your installation in any case. It won't help very much to restore a database backup when all your images etc. or plugins (that are registered in the database) are missing, for example.