Broken theme categories, wrong/missing article assignment

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Huhu
Regular

Broken theme categories, wrong/missing article assignment

Post by Huhu » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:57 am

As it turned out, it seems to be due to some server-side cache issue -- I emptied the Template Cache and the browser's, of course. One category works as expected now, the other don't.

------------------------------------

I have observed a strange behavior in the timeline theme (not sure about other templates, so no idea whether this is template specific).

1. I have created custom category links in the General configuration:

Code: Select all

Permalink Category URL structure: eulen/%id%-%name% 
2. created a bunch of 11 categories, along the names of "01-this", "02-that" and such.

3. created articles and assigned the corresponding categories to them,

4. linked the categories in the nav bar through the Template Configuration --> Navigation Option (Menu item #1: This, menu item #2: That)

Now, whether I click on the nav bar or on the category displayed in an entry, I always end up in the same category. The Sub-Header displays the correct category name, but the content is that of another category.

I observed whaky behaviour if using dots and such in a headline, so I removed those, which seemed to help; but now it is back to one single category again.

ModRewrite disabled, since that messed up the htaccess too much.

Tried with FireFox and Opera. Cleared Template Cache and verified integrity. No esoteric plug-ins installed, aside from Extended Properties for Entries and other basic stuff.

------------------------------
Example:
Main page here (the entries shown here should in fact be the last in a longer list along other category entries, which is not displayed):
http://www.uhusnest.de/index.php

... shows this category *only*:
https://uhusnest.de/index.php?/categories/16-Vita

... and even replaces the category for Books by the aforesaid category:
https://uhusnest.de/index.php?/categori ... likationen

I even replaced the Umlauts in the category names, yet to no avail.
Last edited by Huhu on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of post-apocalyptic Jugger: Free ebook on the sport

Huhu
Regular

Re: Broken theme categories, wrong/missing article assignment

Post by Huhu » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:39 am

I deleted and replaced all categories with new ones, deleted all "." and "," instances in the titles both of categories and articles, and checked the "_categories" database entry.
And I let S9y rewrite the htaccess, switched mod_rewrite on and off, cleared the cache and checked the installation integrity. Of course, all is checked with cleared browser caches, both Opera and Firefox.

All seems to be correct, but categories are still not rendered.

When editing and saving entries, sometimes only entries of that category are displayed (everywhere on the blog), sometimes all entries published. Vanished entries turn up after editing and saving.

Bottom line: I have no idea whatsoever why the system doesn't render categories. Er ... help?
Fan of post-apocalyptic Jugger: Free ebook on the sport