Hi guys, i have a question about Serendipity

Discussion corner for Developers of Serendipity.
thh
Regular

Re: Hi guys, i have a question about Serendipity

Post by thh »

amelinda wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:56 amI need a crash course on what Serendipity is, and what I can achieve with it!
Serendipity is a weblog engine to create a weblog or "blog". See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog.
amelinda wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:56 amI have seen the well designed templates (format .tpl ) but have no clue on how to use these templates with my content. Do these templates work only with Serendipity, or does any application that imports .tpl files able to work with them?
They do only work with Serendipity.
amelinda wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:56 amThis leads me on the question: Is Serendipity a Content Management System? I need someone's help in unraveling this connundrum, cause I like the templates. What I can achieve with them is not so obivious yet, though I see the potential, once I have figured out how to use them...
Serendipity is not a full blown CMS, and it doesn't want to be (in contrast to Wordpress, the best known blog engine, that is often used as a CMS). That said, you can use Serendipity as a CMS - it has static pages and all, but it wouldn't be your best choice for that, I think.