Multiple Users - Again

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Dreama

Multiple Users - Again

Post by Dreama »

I've looked through all of the forum threads on the topic, but none really address my problem.

I'm using the 0.6-pl1 - May 15th, 2004 release, and per the documentation, I created a second author by adding another row to the authors table, and I'm able to login as that user with the username/password I assigned.

My problem is that there is, apparently, supposed to be a "user management" link when I'm logged in as the superuser, and no such thing exists.

I guess I may have done something wrong with regard to adding the second author to the database (though I can't fathom what, since the user/pass combo works) but the non-existent user management link concerns me. Should it be there, or not? Should I be able to manage user permissions in this version of the software, or is that an upcoming feature to which there is no current access?

Any hints I could get here would be greatly appreciated.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Multiple Users - Again

Post by garvinhicking »

Yes, you're right, the feature is only available on versions starting with 0.6.1, as noted in the NEWS and INSTALL section of our wiki. That code is still in beta and thus not released.

If you rely on multi-user stuff I advise you to try a latest snapshot; the code in there is already quite stable. I for myself use it on my production blog...

Regards,
Garvin.
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Dreama

Post by Dreama »

:oops: Leave it to me to not realize the difference between 0.6.pl1 and 0.6.1. Thanks, Garvin, for the clarification.