plugin implementation question

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Stuart Tannehill
Regular

plugin implementation question

Post by Stuart Tannehill »

Hi. I read what you have posted about plugins and I am still unable to solve I problem I have run into.

I tried to create my own plugin and got an error message (not a PHP error message, rather one in Serendipity). So I took a plugin example that was posted in the forums about using php snippets in the side bar and tried to get it to work... I ran into the same problem.

I just want to know what the heck is causing this error. I have attached a screenshot to show you all. By the way, the error always lists the last plugin in the directory as being the problem even if there is nothing wrong with that particular plugin. If I remove the plugin I created, the error message will disappear.

-ST
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: plugin implementation question

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi Stuart!

Please view the source code of the page where you took the screenshot and search for that Error: mark. There should be a PHP error notice inside of it.

It's currently quite hard to output the PHP parse Errors in the right place, as it's hidden because we're inside the <select>-part of the HTML portion...

Regards,
Garvin.
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Stuart Tannehill
Regular

Thanks Garvin

Post by Stuart Tannehill »

That helped. I knew everything was entered properly.
It turned out to be some weird end of line character that I could not see in the editor I was using. Opened it up in Zend and there it was in all of it's nasty, error inducing, invisible glory. Removed it, everything works fine.

-Stuart