Spellcheck 0.5

Creating and modifying plugins.
prim8
Regular

Spellcheck 0.5

Post by prim8 »

This plugin is based on the ajax-spell checker developed by Garrison Locke.

You can download it here.

* Spellchecker backend loads as an external plugin.
* Spellchecker links now have a fixed position to the right of the edit area, with hack for IE.
* ASPELL better supported, with a config option to set your path.
* Other minor fixes and tweaks.
tina
Regular

Post by tina »

Hello,

I've installed your plug-in and so far it seems to be working great! I'm using it with pspell. Thank you so much!

Tina
sweety
Regular

spell checker

Post by sweety »

hi prim8,
Thanks a lot for your latest version . Its working very fine and is easy to install also.
But one doubt, Can't we use it for a WYSIWYG editor??Its not working in my WYSIWYG editor as it is working in my normal editor.
Can u plz suggest me how to make it work in the WYSIWYG editor as well!!!
smiley
Regular

spellcheck 0.5

Post by smiley »

hi ,
The 0.5 version was really good and working fine..........
Thanks for posting it.
But it is working only for my 'body' text area .how can I make it work for my extended body also.
Cant we make it work for both the textareas simultaneously?
:?:
prim8
Regular

Re: spellcheck 0.5

Post by prim8 »

smiley wrote:hi ,
The 0.5 version was really good and working fine..........
Thanks for posting it.
But it is working only for my 'body' text area .how can I make it work for my extended body also.
Cant we make it work for both the textareas simultaneously?
:?:
It should spellcheck whichever textarea you clicked in last. There is an onfocus on the textareas that sets the target for the spellcheck.
prim8
Regular

Re: spell checker

Post by prim8 »

sweety wrote:But one doubt, Can't we use it for a WYSIWYG editor??Its not working in my WYSIWYG editor as it is working in my normal editor.
No, it doesn't work in the WYSIWYG at this time. I'll take a look at that for the next version, not sure if it will be feasible or not.
smiley
Regular

spell checker 0.5

Post by smiley »

hi prim8,
irrespective of where the pointer or focus is, my spellcheck plugin is working only for my body.......not the extended body!!Gone mad after trying it out for a long time.........
can u be of some help plzzzzzz :(
prim8
Regular

Re: spell checker 0.5

Post by prim8 »

smiley wrote:hi prim8,
irrespective of where the pointer or focus is, my spellcheck plugin is working only for my body.......not the extended body!!Gone mad after trying it out for a long time.........
can u be of some help plzzzzzz :(
http://prim8.net/files/serendipity_even ... 5.1.tar.gz

There was a bug due to IE mangling the innerHTML.
prim8
Regular

Re: spell checker

Post by prim8 »

prim8 wrote:
sweety wrote:But one doubt, Can't we use it for a WYSIWYG editor??Its not working in my WYSIWYG editor as it is working in my normal editor.
No, it doesn't work in the WYSIWYG at this time. I'll take a look at that for the next version, not sure if it will be feasible or not.
Don't see a reasonable way of implementing this. Suggest you use the WYSIWYG spellchecker (see serendipity_functions.inc.php)

Code: Select all

// IF you want to enable HTMLArea's spellchecker, download the SpellChecker plugin from the HTMLArea homepage
    // (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/itools-htmlarea) and uncomment the lines suffixed with ' // [SPELLCHECK]'
    // Note that the SpellChecker is a CGI-based application which needs setup in your Apache host ("Options +CGIExec")
    // Thanks to Randall for pointing this out!

// HTMLArea.loadPlugin("SpellChecker"); // [SPELLCHECK]