Plugin questions

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
CapriSkye
Regular

Plugin questions

Post by CapriSkye »

i just have some questions while translating some plugins, like what specific function does.

in spam project, what does forec comment moderation after how many days mean? when should you have to manually approve a comment? if entered 1, does it mean after the entry is one day old, all comments will need to be approved manually?

in highlight search queries, does it mean if a word appears in your entry, and that word is used by search engine to find your entry will be highlighted?

in content rewriter, what does Rewrite char mean? can somebody post an example?

thanks in advance.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Plugin questions

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!
in spam project, what does forec comment moderation after how many days mean?
This means, that a user can say: "When my entries are older than 7 days, all comments to that entry need to be moderated automatically". 7 is replacable by a user defined amount of days.

If entered 1, it means every article older than 1 days needs comment approval.
in highlight search queries, does it mean if a word appears in your entry, and that word is used by search engine to find your entry will be highlighted?
Yes, that's right. Just like google does when you click on "view cache" for a page.
in content rewriter, what does Rewrite char mean? can somebody post an example?
The rewrite char is a special character appended to a string if you need to force rewriting only if that character exists. Say you use "*" as rewrite char, and you rewrite "PHP" to "PHP Hypertext Preprocessor". Then if you just use "PHP" in your entry it will not get rewritten. Only if you use "PHP*" it will get rewritten to "PHP Hypertext Preprocessor".

There are some examples here on the forums, maybe you could be so nice to look them up on your own?

Best regards and thanks for taking the time to help with translating,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
CapriSkye
Regular

Post by CapriSkye »

thanks for replying, i've been reading your reply over and over and still can't understand it.
This means, that a user can say: "When my entries are older than 7 days, all comments to that entry need to be moderated automatically"
[/quote
this means entries 7 days old DON'T need admin approval?
If entered 1, it means every article older than 1 days needs comment approval.
and this means entries 1 day old need admin approval, but aren't you contradicting what you're saying above?
i'm sorry but i just can't think straight...

as in the translation, "after which it should be auto-moderated. 0 means no auto-moderation."
so that means if you put 7 days, after that entries will not need admin approval? and if entered 0, it means all entries will need admin approval?
CapriSkye
Regular

Post by CapriSkye »

i'm almost done with all plugins, but here's another question.

i'm having trouble testing Event-Output wrapper, so not sure what it does.
i chose emoticate for the source event plugin, and it's showing on my blog, but it's not showing any information. if i can make it show something i'll have better understanding.

that's my last translation i believe, after that i'll update the svn, thanks!
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hehe :)

So, regarding the entries age.

If you create an entry today it gets the timestamp 2005-06-18. Let's say you have entered "6 days" in the plugin config for the auto-moderation age.

If you visit the blog on 2005-06-18 and enter a comment, it will immediately published.
If you visit the blog on 2005-06-19 and enter a comment, it will immediately published.
If you visit the blog on 2005-06-20 and enter a comment, it will immediately published.
If you visit the blog on 2005-06-21 and enter a comment, it will immediately published.
If you visit the blog on 2005-06-22 and enter a comment, it will immediately published.
If you visit the blog on 2005-06-23 and enter a comment, it will NOT get immediately published. Instead the Administrator/Owner of the blog entry is contacted and he is told, there is a pending comment which needs approval.

This applies for all entries; their age is determined by the difference of days from the current date to the date of the entry. As soon as the age you have entered is reached, all comments need moderation. Previous to reaching that age, all entries are freely commentable.

Entered "0 days" means, do not ever calculate the age of an entry and NEVER auto-moderate an entry. This means all comments can be published immediately, and moderation only applies if a moderator checked the "moderate comments" checkbox in the entry section of an entry.

Does that sound better? :)

The Event-Output-Wrapper takes an Event Plugin and outputs some if its contents in the Sidebar. Not many plugins use that hard to get plugin. The Content-Rewrite event plugin can emit a list of rewritten words if you wrap it in an Event-Output-Wrapper. I think that is currently the only plugin that uses it. :)

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
CapriSkye
Regular

Post by CapriSkye »

thanks garvin, all plugins are updated with new language.