serendipity CMS

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
FLETCH187

serendipity CMS

Post by FLETCH187 »

I was in the early stages of building a pay site, but due to some issues i'm gonna have to get more involived as i would have liked so its been put on hold.

I purchases Awiz lite as CMS as I was told this was very good system, but I’m very use to serendipity as i have used this on my blogs in the past for a long time

I have been told serendipity doesn’t offer what I need managed my pay site un like awiz.

I wanted to double check

1: Is serendipity CSM only friendly with blogs?

2: Can I add video to the serendipity CMS in steaming format only?

3: Can I add photos to the serendipity CMS with the option to right click disabled?

4: is serendipity different to any other CMS

Thanks in advance

Fletch
yellowled
Regular

Re: serendipity CMS

Post by yellowled »

FLETCH187 wrote:1: Is serendipity CSM only friendly with blogs?
Serendipity is being developed primarily as a blog system, but can also (with a little customization, some trade-offs and some manual work) be used as a CMS, at least for smaller sites.
FLETCH187 wrote:2: Can I add video to the serendipity CMS in steaming format only?
If by “streaming format only” you mean something like a flash-based player which doesn't allow to download the video, yes.
FLETCH187 wrote:3: Can I add photos to the serendipity CMS with the option to right click disabled?
Yes, but that's not specific to Serendipity. You'd have to add a little Javascript, but that is possible.
FLETCH187 wrote:4: is serendipity different to any other CMS
As I said before, it is being developed as a blog system. So if you're used to other CMSs like Drupal or TYPO3, you'll probably notice some differences.

YL
FLETCH187

Post by FLETCH187 »

Thanks man,

will look into it :->.................I’m thinking if going to-do most of work the myself I need something I’m comfortable with using, rather having to learn a new CMS... (it’s not as easy as people think)
blogworker

Post by blogworker »

Hmm, I know this topic is kind of old but I love the idea of making a cms since I love drupal but seems kind of heavy. If serendipity could be easily transformed in a cms it would be great and if there could be some kind of caching mechanism :)
kleinerChemiker
Regular

Post by kleinerChemiker »

You could try Cloudflare for caching. Sounds interessting to me.