Mimbo

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Eni
Regular

Re: Mimbo

Post by Eni »

Hi Garvin,

thank you for taking your time :)
garvinhicking wrote:Do you have modified anything in the permalink and/or path configuration?
No, I tried with my testblog and with a fresh install in which I really did nothing but install Spartacus, Mimbo and Static Pages, and tried everything with default settings.
garvinhicking wrote:Does the staticpage work if you call it via index.php?serendipity[subpage]=pagetitle ? Replace "pagetitle" with the "URL shorthand title" of the specific staticpage.
That doesn't work either.
garvinhicking wrote:Do staticpage only not work with mimbo?
Static pages show up instantly when I switch to any other theme. It's just Mimbo for some reason. The discussion forum, guestbook and contact formular behave the same. Only the FAQs and archives plugin actually work and show the pages in Mimbo too.
garvinhicking wrote:You might want to check by temporarily renaming the config.inc.php of mimbo just to see if this changes things.
No, that doesn't change any behavior regarding static pages. Not with the default link nor with the [subpage] link.

~eni
Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Oh, nooow we're getting somewhere.

I got lighty working on Ubuntu now, but since I didn't want to bother with that, I just disabled rewriting in my devblog.
Eni wrote:
garvinhicking wrote:Does the staticpage work if you call it via index.php?serendipity[subpage]=pagetitle ? Replace "pagetitle" with the "URL shorthand title" of the specific staticpage.
That doesn't work either.
For me, it does. Also, index.php?/pages/pagetitle.html does work
Eni wrote:
garvinhicking wrote:Do staticpage only not work with mimbo?
Static pages show up instantly when I switch to any other theme.
They do not for me.

Do you use URL rewriting on lighty? I'm using the fastcgi php5 here, are you using the same?

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Here is a longshot.... see if this helps... in the file index.tpl change this:

Code: Select all

{elseif $view == "start" }
to this:

{elseif $view == "start" && $staticpage_pagetitle == ''}
... I'm not overly confident in that working though if index.php?serendipity[subpage]=pagetitle does not work... :?
=Don=
Eni
Regular

Post by Eni »

yellowled wrote:For me, it does. Also, index.php?/pages/pagetitle.html does work
[ ... ]
They do not for me.
You have it reversed? o.O
yellowled wrote:Do you use URL rewriting on lighty? I'm using the fastcgi php5 here, are you using the same?
mod_rewrite is disabled and using fastcgi php5 as well, yes.
Don Chambers wrote:Here is a longshot.... see if this helps... in the file index.tpl change this:
Good one :shock: Everything works ... static pages, contact form, forum... even the [subpage] links. What magical trick was that? ^^;

~eni
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Don Chambers wrote:

{elseif $view == "start" && $staticpage_pagetitle == ''}
... I'm not overly confident in that working though if index.php?serendipity[subpage]=pagetitle does not work... :?
I can't explain why this works, although I do remember variuous confusion with $view, start, static pages etc. However, it does work, it does not confuse apache, so it seems the correct solution. Good catch.

I'll see to it that this goes in Spartacus together with the patch for alt attributes asap.

YL
Eni
Regular

Post by Eni »

Wonderful. Thank you all for your help! :D

~eni
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Well, it very explicitly dumps a static page down to the remaining condition of {$CONTENT}. I use this same test (mostly) in my kinetic template. Happy to hear that it worked here as well.

@Yellowled, the real condition I use in Kinetic is this, which is total overkill:

{if $startpage =='true' && $view == 'start' && $staticpage_pagetitle == ''}
The first two conditions may seem to be redundant, but there was a method to my madness at the time. My guess is that $startpage=='true' is better than $view=='start', but that last piece about the static page title allows a static page that is marked as a start page to prevail if desired.
=Don=
Eni
Regular

Post by Eni »

Small follow-up question, the <h2> tag that is supposed to format the static page headline isn't having any effect.

<h2>{$staticpage_headline|@escape}</h2>
It works fine when I format text in the static page content field. Is that maybe related to this fix?

Also, yellowled, what is the entries_summary.tpl for? I took out the author, timestamp, comments and trackbacks from posts (since I rather want to use it as CMS instead of a weblog) and placed the category field together with the tag field underneath the entries. For this I edited entries.tpl and entries_single.tpl and can't see anything optically missing. But entries_summary.tpl is containing some of these tobechanged things, like timestamp, too and I wonder where it pops up.

~eni
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Eni wrote:Small follow-up question, the <h2> tag that is supposed to format the static page headline isn't having any effect.
Oh, my. Horrible typo in plugin_staticpage.tpl – the opening <div class="post"> (line 1) is missing the closing > character, screwing up the whole static pages markup. Wonder why no one's ever reported that one …
Eni wrote:Also, yellowled, what is the entries_summary.tpl for?
Same as in any s9y template. :)

s9y creates an archive of entries, sorted by years and months. If you use the archives sidebar plugin, it should provide a link to that. (Can't remember the non-rewriting URL, on mod_rewrite systems it's just /serendipity/archive/. Usually, the archive gives you two links for each month – one pointing to a list of all entries (formatted like the usual entries list), the other to a more compact list of entries. entries_summary.tpl is for the compact list, whereas entries_archives.tpl is the tpl for the archives page.

YL
Eni
Regular

Post by Eni »

yellowled wrote:Wonder why no one's ever reported that one …
Probably because I was the only to not notice the open div when checking :mrgreen:

Thanks~
yellowled wrote:Can't remember the non-rewriting URL, on mod_rewrite systems it's just /serendipity/archive/.
I see. Here I have two archive links available:
http://localhost/~blog/index.php?/archives
http://localhost/~blog/archives

The latter is a list of all the pdf files generated via the BlogPDF plugin. It's a bit sad that this 'archive' isn't sticking to the blog template but I wanted to look into this plugin later anyways. I would really like to have it generate a pdf from a category instead of a month but right now I have no idea how to do that... *shoves on aftereverythingisdone-list*
yellowled wrote:entries_summary.tpl is for the compact list, whereas entries_archives.tpl is the tpl for the archives page.
Okay, now I know where to look. Thank you~ :wink:

~eni