Vers. 0.6 & Charset problem

Found a bug? Tell us!!
WO
Regular

Vers. 0.6 & Charset problem

Post by WO »

Hi, I have translated lang file to Czech. We are using charsets Win-1250 or ISO-8859-2 of UTF-8 here. Last versions S9Y up to 0.5 were bad - pages were returned to ISO-8859-1 and our specific characters were damaged. After the lot of changes in headers it was better but titles of entries were printed still in bad coding. I abandoned it and looked for some better system - sorry but lot of blogs have similar problems with charsets. Now I wanted 0.6 is OK, but, sorry, it is still the same - Titles are damaged and some of Admin pages are temporary switched to bad coding (f.e. from Win-1250 which is set up in lang file to ISO...). It's harm S9Y is very nice indeed... :cry:
tomsommer
Core Developer

Post by tomsommer »

ehh, did you set

@define('LANG_CHARSET', 'foo');
@define('DATE_LOCALES', 'foo');

correctly in your lang file?
Tom Sommer (Serendipity Core Developer)
http://blog.dreamcoder.dk
WO
Regular

Yes

Post by WO »

it is OK I think. I'm sending you my complete lang file just today to Mailing List. You can use it in CVS. Currently it is in Win-1250 but ISO-8859-2 is not problem. I'll continue with testing...
WO
Regular

Next story with charset

Post by WO »

If I want admin UI worked properly I have to add to serendipity_admin.php that line to <head>:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1250">
Otherwise the charset is changed from page to page view.
Next is example of entry title:
Pøíšerný dìs - žížala
and body text is right:
Příšerný děs -žížala...

I am not sure if it will be emailed well - but I hope...Perhaps it helps...
In the present time the S9Y is not usable in our country, very very sorry...
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Could you please try this: http://garv.info/serendipity/lang.diff patch and tell if it works with your language?

If yes, I would like to implement it in the 0.6 final release!
WO
Regular

Important - I tried your

Post by WO »

lang.diff. Admin pages look OK (still right charset) but small error - I cannot simply to admin page after click on superuser as before, still there is entry page...Sorry the biggest problem with damaged titles persists. The same...as my example before. I cannot find which function parses the titles...Look here for the part of source code (title-in-link)
">P&&šern& d&s - ž&žala<
It's clear that system translates some characters to html entities which is QUITE BAD !!! It must stay as is...I think.
WO
Regular

Next bug

Post by WO »

Sorry, sent comments are damaged too (also in preview). It looks like more complex problem. Note: My MySQL is set to right charset - win-1250...